POLL Red is extremely laggy (AFK kick maybe?)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by albinoorange, Oct 15, 2019.

?

Should there be an AFK kid

1. No.

26.7%
  2. 10 mins

6.7%
  3. 20 mins

13.3%
  4. 30 mins

26.7%
  5. 45 mins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 1 hour

20.0%
  7. More than an hour

6.7%
  1. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

I propose adding an AFK kicker because some people have like 100 auto farms at their claim, and with 1.14 chunk lag in addition with that its unbearable.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

3. KinkedPineapple

KinkedPineapple New Member

I agree, its so annoying having to almost mind every block two times because of this lag

4. Koree

Koree Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I dont think that is a fair thing to do because a lot of staff afk, and not everyone who is afk is also at a farm either. Also theres no solid evidence that the afk farms are a problem, they weren't before 1.14 and it would be silly to think that they are now. 1.14 just lags all by itself. If you wanted the lag to end/slow down, I suggest everyone go out and explore new chunks to load them all in. Also as time goes on it'll get less and less laggy as new plugins are made.

5. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

True, Koree, lag started getting bad towards 1.14. What do you mean it'll get laggy as new plugins are made? Does the server have some plugins that it didn't in 1.14?

6. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Pokémon Master Staff Member Moderator

They said less laggy. As plugins update and others get made they can mitigate some of the issues that 1.14 has that cause lag.

7. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

Wait, there's no evidence of farms being a problem? Have you heard of spawner city? Have you even played on this server for more than a year? It has been and almost CERTAINLY still is a HUGE problem. Get your fucking head out of the sand... Yes 1.14 is an issue, but so is a plethora of other things.
    Also if you AFK not at a farm it still contributes to server lag. Chances are you're near at least some mobs or other things that take up resources. However small the resources you take up, you're still contributing.

As for the lag getting better with time, yes, sure, it will. Plugins will be optimised, we will get 1.15 which might fix a couple of things to reduce lag, but this is months if not a year. Besides, even if Mojang or the wonderful people who work on spigot and paper do fix our issues, Mojang will likely fuck it all up again as they do ever year or 2, it's Java edition tradition.

ALSO, while I love the idea of adding an AFK kick timer AGAIN (yes it's been added before) for the purposes of keeping and growing a community it might not be the best idea to add one. Plenty of regulars will probably quit as well as the size of the server from the view of outsiders will be considerably smaller as we will have less people logged into the server 24/7.