POLL Red World - Totems Of Undying

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dotError, May 19, 2019.

Tags:
?

What should we do about Totems of Undying in 1.14?

1. Totems be completely removed from Red World.

2. Totems be made available ONLY and RARELY from the monthly Crate.

3. Totems be made available in 1.14.

4. Remove instant TP on Chance Cards / Chalice - Retain Vanilla mechanics of Totems

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dotError

dotError New Member

Greetings Red World!

Intro: As we all know in 1.14 we'll be able to easily acquire Totems of Undying due to village raids, totems were only created in a handful as woodland mansions rarely generated in our previous world expansions so we had no method of acquiring them in bulk (there are less then a handful on the server owned by collectors).

What Totems of Undying do: If the Player is holding a totem of undying in their off-hand or main-hand slot and receives otherwise fatal damage, the totem will prevent the player from dying. The totem of undying must be in the player's off-hand or main-hand for it to work — it will not work if it is in the hotbar, unless selected. The totem can only be used once; it will disappear after use. When activated, restores 1 (half heart), removes all existing status effects, then grants 40 seconds of Fire Resistance II,‌ 45 seconds of Regeneration II and 5 seconds of Absorption II. An animation will play where the totem of undying appears to hover in front of the player's screen, similar to the animation when a player encounters an elder guardian.

What this will mean for Red World: This will result in everyone carrying and using Totems of Undying which will in turn result in Red Players being able to almost infinitely have the same protections in which Blue Players have naturally. PvP will become hindered as totems will allow all players to heal, escape (including Chance Cards and S.Chalice) or to re-equip another totem (as with raids they'll be easily acquirable). Furthermore not only will PvP be severely hindered but yes, tp killers (which are agreeably hated by the majority of the server) will be unable to TP-kill anymore, yes this indeed sounds like a good thing but this will hinder the economy. TP killers play a crucial role just like PvP, by killing and acquiring players rares / items they circulate rares (by selling what they get) which helps keep the economy afloat, if we had 100% keep inv which Totems will provide, we'd have a blue economy.

Solutions: I suggest the following options:
    Totems be completely removed from Red World, which will retain reds current status and PvP will continue to be viable (arguably with the new god armor available in 1.14 adjustments might need to be made but that'll be another discussion)
    Totems be made available ONLY and RARELY from the monthly Crate, at a reduced chance of acquiring (available in every second / third monthly crate) such as 1%, which will make it an extremely rare and valuable tool, this will also help the server as this could result in more donations / purchasing of keys (helping maintain the server) and the rotation of DB in people buying and selling them at a high price for a rare totem that gives them a 1 time Blue like Safety.
    Totems be made available, resulting in the end of PvP on Red as we currently know it, and turning Red into a safer place (Blue).

Edit:
    A fair point was brought up:
    Keep the vanilla mechanic (totems of undying), but remove the instant teleportation effects of Chance Cards and Satan's Chalice, adding a delay and PvP lock would put PvP in a better place on Red, allowing for TP killers to remain effective but be hindered if a player has a totem, resulting in PvP / etc.

The current meta is instant escape, where as if we remove these non-vanilla mechanics and retain the totems, at least PvP will become viable, we'll see totems but they won't provide you with an instant escape, allowing for more intensive PvP and for TP killers / trappers to have to become more creative!

~ You are able to change your vote to the new option ~

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  2. FrostEclipse

FrostEclipse New Member

Wait, TP killing is allowed in red?

• Potato Potato x 1
  3. Skullbane

Skullbane New Member

red pvp is already messed up - no one ever dies anymore, all pvpers carry chance cards :/

4. Skullbane

Skullbane New Member

no one dies and no one gets loot from pvp

5. VaselineFiend

VaselineFiend New Member

i think the Chance Card and Satan's Chalice should be severely nerfed if totems are added to encourage use of them. the chalice and card should have a delay like the warp tokens, maybe 2-3 seconds each. If this becomes the case, totems should still be rather rare, but not nearly impossible to get.

• Like Like x 3
  6. somebodysaid

somebodysaid Moderator Moderator

i see potential in totems being the middle tier between chance cards and chalices.

Nerf chance cards
    keep vanilla mechanics of totems
    retain benefits of chalice

chalices are rare and i'm okay with their high price tag as being so rare on the server.

chance cards can have their value still beyond pvp in unfortunate survival encounters.

and i'm saying keep the mechanics of totems, as they could be potentially exploited by the wealthy and create a larger gap of disparity in the community if put in crates.

i believe pvp should still be attainable with various tiers of affordability

• Like Like x 2
  7. Prince

Prince New Member

Why u commenting, you’re banned

• Potato Potato x 1
  8. Jiro

Jiro Member

Just remove items that let you teleport instantly away from battle. Chance Cards, Chalice... Make them require 3 seconds without movement, like teleport commands, to teleport.

Removing Totems of Undying is definitely not the way to go imo. I also don't want a vanilla item to be crate exclusive. Vanilla items should not be locked behing rng loot boxes.

So as long as any of the 2 bottom options win I'm fine. Either let it be or disable instant tp items. But let Totems stay as they are in 1.14

• Like Like x 2
  9. dotError

dotError New Member

Agreed, i've come to believe chance cards should be nerfed and totems should remain as they are vanilla ! Thanks for your input <3

10. somebodysaid

somebodysaid Moderator Moderator

"PVP is permitted everywhere except in claims, if you disconnect while engaged in pvp you will be automatically killed and if you attempt to use a claim to escape and ongoing pvp battle it wont work and you will still be able to be killed."

What do you think if this mechanic was implemented for tping during pvp as well?

11. BlueTundra

BlueTundra New Member

I've said it before but I'll say it again, I hate pvp I and only play on Red because I don't believe in keep inv. I no longer leave a protected claim with anything more than basic iron tools, food, and an enderchest in case I find anything actually worth it. There's no point to pvping anymore imo- everyone is stacked(actual fights take too long), the server is too laggy to shoot a bow reliably, same with throwing enderpearls, and sometimes it feels like you're getting hit with a sword from a mile away. This way even if I die no one gets anythin actually worth it. Applecraft is a very vanilla based server and it sounds absurd to change the vanilla part of the game when other items can be changed instead, especially an item that benefits just regular survival as well.

Edit: There isn't any "Leave everything alone" option but that's what i would've picked

• Like Like x 1
  12. EvilAntimatter

EvilAntimatter Member

go play factions

I came here for a more vanilla survival experience, now the slightly cringy toxic chat of faction wannabes makes sense LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

I have a solution! We host lots of little servers all over the world in many different regions just for PvP which will help with ping related lag, they have a maximum player base of like 30 and a small world size like 4kx4k to also help reduce lag. And way then Thatalso bare minimum plugins to further reduce the lag! This way the PvP crazed people can have lag free environments to beat the shit out of each other in, free from lag monsters like lag city, sorry I mean spawner city.