POLL Shops in the Overworld???

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tammer, Nov 11, 2019.

?

Would you like chest shops in the overworld?

1. Yes

76.5%
  2. Not Yes

23.5%
  1. Tammer

Tammer New Member

Imagine when exploring becomes more meaningful. When towns become more realistic. Towns would be better when you could make chest shops and allow market and commerce into your own creation? The mods gave us a dull world, to try and control the benefits of players for money. We deserve better. Vote for overworld chest shops. Vote for free markets.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Inky

Inky New Member

This concept would be such an amazing addition to red. Imagine being in a town where you can make shops for the other players in the town. It would be a fantastic way to give back to the town, alongside making everything feel more realistic in a better community.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. VaselineFiend

VaselineFiend New Member

This would also bring purpose to the townwarp in spawn

• Like Like x 2
  4. Batarian

Batarian Leader

No.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Lornon001

Lornon001 Member

Only town owners who qualify for a town warp should be allowed sell things in their town

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Koree

Koree Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I feel like this would totally take the purpose of shop world away if this was allowed in over world. And if it was in over world I feel as if rules should be applied to this heavily. Like Lornon said, only towns with a town warp should be able to have a market place. The market place can only have so many stalls or only sell certain items.
    Shop world was created for a reason. I understand the aesthetic for a market place in your town, but it's also, unnecessary in way.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Tamsin

Tamsin Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Unregulated shops in the overworld would be subject to a lot of abuse, such as trying to scam people by hiding the shop chest sign and offering them items from the chest.
    As such, there were shop chests allowed in 'Server Capitols" and could only be made by the mods on behalf of the town owner with special permission from Apple, and only for people living actively in the town, among other requirements. Also, shop warps are unable to be set in the overworld, and any of the worlds are too large for exploration to be a feasible way of finding these far flung shops, the shop world is already so large that walking around to look at different shops takes hours.
    What you could do instead, is ask Apple to bring the Server Capitol applications/nominations process back. It would be mod regulated, but they're the only ones able to set shop chests in the overworld at this time (though it's not allowed except for the Capitols). It's perfectly reasonable that there would be separate Capitols for the different worlds, and it's the only way I can see shop chests in the overworld happening.
    If you'd like this to happen, try making a post specifically about the Capitols.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tammer

Tammer New Member

It would not be subject of abuse if it was limited to regulated towns. Plus, "shop-world" is more of a money scheme if anything. Titan plots, Master rank or buy hero. Dull landscape using auto terrain. Let's face it, donations would go down? I'm a Titan and I don't use my Titan plot. I've tried, but the world doesn't feel like a market. Shop stalls are dull too, let players sell goods. Limit it to towns, and require specific rules for them. Players can still abuse them in shop world. Also Capitols? Garbage. A town can't be a town without an economy. Just try something new for once.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

Tammer's town is a big area and it's getting to a point where it's pretty much a capitol. He should be able to have shop chests in his town.

10. Wille

Wille Member

Maybe I shouldnt tell people this cause they might squish it but uh.......

I know how to make a shop chest in the overworld and it works and ive tested it.

I dont have any on my claims right now though, no need to go hunt for them.

Also my 2 cents: i think it would be great to have in towns. The only issue i see being possible is people "raiding" improper shop chests and people setting up traps connected to shop chests or around them. My opinion on fixing this is that to not fix it. Just let those things happen and make it clear that if youre out in the wild and not in shop world that traps exist and if you fall into them so be it.

I dont think this removes the puroose of shop world. The shop warp at spawn and the ability to use /shop name, gives shops in shop world a big advantage and they will still get more traffic. Im a titan and have a titan shop plot and id advocate for this to happen. Imo the titan plots get less traffic than regular plots anyways due to the placements of the shop warps anyways... And how hard it is to walk-search for new titan shops. And towns would greatly benifit from having another tourist attraction.

And im building a town and i want a working bar =P

• Like Like x 1
  11. ArachnidVenus

ArachnidVenus Moderator Staff Member Moderator

hi,

its my understanding that shops outside of shop world, ones made with redstone and dispensers and such, are totally allowed, provided they arent scams. i came across one that was 1 diamond for 3 potions of healing. you tossed in the currency, and it spat out the items. pretty cool actually. so even though you cant use the shop plugin, you CAN have shops in the overworld. :)

~ venus

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. TheNickWylde

TheNickWylde Member

you all realize shops in overworld is already a thing right?

13. Wille

Wille Member

You can use the shop plugin i nthe overworld. There is a way. But its complicated and not information I give out for free.

• Potato Potato x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. ArachnidVenus

ArachnidVenus Moderator Staff Member Moderator

idk what the ruling behind that is but im gonna hesitantly say you probably shouldn't do that then.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. AMDHAZ

AMDHAZ New Member

Yeah. Infinite plot space. Loose limits to item frames because less lag. Ability to refill chests using redstone item sorters. Heck, you can even connect the shop chests to fully automated farms. I like the sound of that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Elduff

Elduff Member

"DO IT, DO IT!"

• Like Like x 1
  17. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Pokémon Master Staff Member Moderator

:thonk: does that imply you give it out for not free?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Wolfie Gilbert

Wolfie Gilbert New Member

As a mayor on red, I think this would be a great idea! We're about to put in a commercial district but the red stone limits do have us worried. Having the real ability to let our townies make/maintain shops without worrying about disuse taking all their progress away, bring in more traffic, and give a much better vibe over all would really help!

19. Lornon001

Lornon001 Member

The answer to if you are able to use the shopping world plugin in the overworld is NO atm you can be punished if found to be using it.

The town size should not matter the only thing that should matter is if they qualify for a town warp and have one. The physical area of the town should have no bearing on if it should be allowed to use the shopping world plugin. The town should and must have a warp from spawn. I only want Mayors/Owners of a town to have the ability to have shops to prevent scamming. It also creates an incentive for more people to attempt to establish a town. I know this is an unpopular view as its a middle-ground view that doesn't give everyone what they want.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wolfie Gilbert

Wolfie Gilbert New Member

Actually I really like this. Mayor's could still run the for townies and it would still bring in traffic. Also I heavily agree size shouldn't matter
    The town size should not matter the only thing that should matter is if they qualify for a town warp and have one. The physical area of the town should have no bearing on if it should be allowed to use the shopping world plugin. The town should and must have a warp from spawn. I only want Mayors/Owners of a town to have the ability to have shops to prevent scamming. It also creates an incentive for more people to attempt to establish a town. I know this is an unpopular view as its a middle-ground view that doesn't give everyone what they want.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019