POLL Should We Reset for 1.14?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inky, May 18, 2019.

?

Should we reset for 1.14?

1. Ye :v

28 vote(s)
    35.9%
  2. No >:O

35 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. Less aggrivated no :/

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. Inky

Inky New Member

Old players will remember a time when the server reset. When old red and blue came to an end and purple began. I read a forums post about resetting Wilderness after 1.14 came out, and I thought that maybe if we did it for the whole server, It'd be for the better? When old red and blue were no more, players had a while to move their items and begin building between worlds. I'm not sure if this idea is the best, but I think that it might give players new opportunities to build, and make a fresh start for the server, (which I feel will end up happening eventually), but at the same time, it would also make it an incredible hassle to transfer over towns, spawner farms, and any builds, as it was with the old transfer. This is just an idea, i'm not completely set on whether or not it would work, so please, reply with your ideas on it.

2. Addeve

Addeve Active Member Staff Member Admin

I vote yes because it's fun to start over and we can make sure people don't build lag farms. But that's my unpopular thought.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Fishboy

Fishboy New Member

Im against it, but not completely. A new 1.14 world would be fun, but after being told we wouldn't reset by some mods, I started work on a big project and it would be annoying for the work to go to waste. However, new villages are really cool.

4. Meoweon

Meoweon Moderator Moderator

I'm against it, i spent way to much time on my town and buildings. I do however think that the Wild Warp needs to be extended so it tps you to the new areas as right now it only teleports you to the chunks before 1.13

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. SirNightKnight

SirNightKnight New Member

Please don't reset before next Friday

6. Woody2Minecraft

Woody2Minecraft Active Member

There are some variables that would play into my answer, as a lot of work has been put into the current world, however, my overall answer is yes.

7. CommanderOtto

CommanderOtto Active Member

HELL NO

There is a TON of space on this server. You can always travel out deep into the map and make a build from scratch. No need to destroy everyone's builds because you want to "start again".

You can literally fly for hours upon hours without finding a build.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Be9ine

Be9ine Member

It would be rad to start fresh with the new towns and everything, but there are sooo many builds on here that have taken folks years to put together, and it would be such a bummer to see all that go to waste. I personally have quite a few farms that have been built from purchased spawn eggs fro the AC store, and would hate to lose them. If I could get those spawn eggs back, however, I would love to start over fresh with everyone else at the same time, and see what the world would look like with the newest game dynamics in place. I'm more leaning to not resetting though, as too many people would be affected negatively, I think.

9. Flame_star1

Flame_star1 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have spent SOOOOO long building mine and & Pure's base, and it's still not remotely finished. I am definitely not inclined to a reset. It's not that I couldn't rebuild everything, but it would be an enormous hassle to build ground up without schematica as a helping hand. We would also have to reset only red or only blue (or reset both red & blue into separate worlds which is even more work) because now red and blue have different rules.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jiro

Jiro Member

I think instead of restarting what we need is a resource world. A small world that resets frequently mainly used to gather resources and explore dungeons. For example, I always wanted to explore a woodland mansion here in applecraft but they are so rare that they get raided very fast and then either burned down or claimed.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Becky

Becky New Member

maybe, but i have a big plot im working on and i dont think i know how to rebuild my house so

12. shadowfire109

shadowfire109 Active Member

Unless something super game changing occurs there is no need to completely restart. the only reason red and blue got brand maps is because they were beyond old at that point. So IMO wilderness should be the only one to be reset since it is almost a rule free server.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ShadowDelux

ShadowDelux Moderator Staff Member Moderator

na

• Like Like x 1
  14. Inky

Inky New Member

As a new start seems to be a popular thing that people want, and though it’s a long shot, a new world might be a good idea. Not resetting red or blue, but creating a new world, that’s not just dev. I would like to introduce, YELLOW. It’s amazing. It’s literally just /dev but newly named. ;) a new start, and it wouldn’t be temporary. Listen to the public and complete my request >:eek:

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Potato Potato x 1
  15. Becky

Becky New Member

why not orange inky

16. Lena Pyro

Lena Pyro Moderator Moderator

I mean, it would definitely be interesting to have a reset but I feel like a lot of people have worked really hard on builds and getting to where they are atm (including myself). So it’d be kind of sad to lose everything.

• Like Like x 2
  17. somebodysaid

somebodysaid Moderator Moderator

The only thing i'll reset for 1.14
    yeah, i'm in the middle of a big one now,

I would become the big sad

18. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot

Question, reset? Answer, yes
    >: D

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1