Slime mobs not slime-ing

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by cquante, Jan 31, 2019.

1. cquante

cquante New Member

@applebranch

I have a slime farm at coord: -4774, -2111, 29. It's been around for some time and working properly. Yesterday I went to the farm, and even though the spawners spawn slimes, the slimes don't move. They remain motionless. I had a couple of mods yesterday look at it, and they thought it was a mob AI problem. I'm not sure. I can tell you that if I "kill" the large slime, the smaller ones then behave appropriately, though a bit slower than normal.

Thanks for looking into this.
    Toxic_elder

2. WHYdidyouSHOOT

WHYdidyouSHOOT New Member

Sup im just going around answering things for peeps.
    In a attempt to reduce lag apple made it so mobs spawned from any spawner lose all of their ai. Including Movement, Tracking, Retaliation to being damage by the player, and avoiding sunlight for the undead. Now apple said this wasnt permanent for the most part in the announcement she made in the AC Discord. Now its been a month since this so im not too sure whats happening.

a p p l e 12/24/2018

[​IMG] MAINTENANCE IS DONE! [​IMG] I have made some changes to mob spawners on Blue. Mobs spawned from spawners now have no AI (so they won't attack), but they should swim normally and be pushed around. This change has been made for testing purposes only! I will see if this improves lag over the next few days. Entities (including hostile mobs) cause a lot of lag on the server, so anything we can do to decrease their overall impact will hopefully help us out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. cquante

cquante New Member

Thank you for the reply. It does bring up several issues.
    Server effecting issues should be announced on both
    discord and the website. This would allow all players the opportunity to know what's going on. The second issue is lag, and the steps being taken to control it. I've been on several servers and some have dealt with lag better than others. This is the first server that I've been on that has taken the step of limiting the use of items such as item frames, hoppers, etc. I've never been on a server that has altered the AI of the games mobs. Altering the AI essentially disables the use of most mob farms, which drastically changes the way the game is played. It's enough to make the game far less enjoyable and far more tedious.
    I'm asking @applebranch to reconsider restoring the AI for the mobs, if it is indeed impacting the performance of the farms. Maybe it's time to switch to a faster host, or maybe run less worlds if they are causing lag.
    Thanks,
    Toxic_elder

4. ShadowDelux

ShadowDelux Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Running less worlds won’t fix anything. It would make it worse because more players would be on a single server. Each server has Its own box that it runs off.

5. cquante

cquante New Member

Yea, I wondered about that. This is a very popular server. It seems to run near full capacity at all times.

6. cquante

cquante New Member

@applebranch I'm bumping this, since it's been about a week and I'm still having the same issue.
    Thanks,
    Toxic_elder / cquante