So Red is Now Blue?

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Sow_God, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

To Start, Red has always been the server among the two others that has keep inv off, raiding allowed, griefing allowed, tpkilling allowed, etc.
    Ive spent so many hours on this server and quite a bit of money on a specific world in this server that I love to play on, just to slowly watch it turn into something else that the admins or who ever is making these decisions wants.
    Recently many main components of the red world that separate it from blue and purple have been taken away or made much harder
    - /seen have been taken away
    - Wild warp tokens are now not obtainable from killing
    - Tp killing is now reduced?

/seens have been taken away. This makes one of the main reasons myself and many others joined the sever, raiding much harder.
    I understand why this decision was made, but it along with everything else is still a turnoff.

Tp killing is a part of red server that someone in power is trying to make stop and/or occur less. Wild warp tokens were the main reason that noobs were tp killed. Now when you kill a noob you do don’t get their wild warp tokens. When noobs join, they are specifically told that tp killing is allowed and that they should read /rules where is specifies this.

To add onto this tp killing “reduction”, I have recently been jailed for tp killing using these exact words “Free diamond”, “/tpacept”. Apparently this is considered a scam. The mod who jailed me said this fell under rule b) of the tp killing rules.
    b) A player saying “you can have this end city for 2DB” and either party kills the other without the transaction/after the transaction occurring is a scam.
    In rule b) there is clearly a trade occurring, end city for 2db. What happened with me is clearly not a trade, just one player getting diamonds. I asked the mod how this fell under rule b), since there was no trade involved. They said that the tp for diamonds was considered a trade. I again don’t see how “free diamond”, “/tpacept” is a trade.

Apparently an admin came on while I was offline and said that this is now considered a trade scam. Myself and many other people were unaware of this change. The rules were never changed in the forums, and no announcement was ever made. I made it clear I was unaware of this rule but, the mod still punished me.

All of these changes are clearly to make red world more like blue. So tell me and all the other red players now, before we spend a couple more hundred hours on this sever. Is red going to become blue 2.0?

• Winner x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Potato x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. NR_Does_Stuff_YT

NR_Does_Stuff_YT New Member

I agree with sow. Part of the reason i joined red was because there is more of a sense of danger than blue, always keeping watch on where you are, and who to trust. I don’t understand why what makes red so appealing is being taken away even though blue and purple already have those features. I always thought that red was supposed to be directed to players that want more of a challenge, but this is starting to be taken away. I bet that at this rate, tp killing will eventually be outright banned.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Craving_Dat_Ass

Craving_Dat_Ass New Member

I also second Sow. And his reasoning

• Like Like x 3
  4. Creeperboy185

Creeperboy185 New Member

Actually, it's turning into Blue 3.0 cause /purple is Blue 2.0 :p

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. ZeZebu

ZeZebu New Member

rip noob scamming

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Addeve

Addeve Active Member Staff Member Admin

Aloha,

From my perspective, red from its start was always intended to be just a version of blue that allowed griefing/raiding and had keepinv off. Typically, because I don't play red, I don't chime in on changes to the red server but that could potentially

Keep in mind we always watch and listen to feedback shared in-game, but for the most effect, post your ideas here on the forums. The forums are the best place to share ideas because it reaches the entire community and staff rather than just private messaging someone. Seeing people respond and support/dislike a post also helps because it's like "hey, a bunch of people support this idea lets take a look at it". Currently, not a whole lot of feedback is shared (except for this post) so whenever something changes that you think should be different, bring it up here ;)

~Addeve

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
  8. Craving_Dat_Ass

Craving_Dat_Ass New Member

That had nothing to do with this post brother. Except that you disagree? A reason would help and that is what sow and probably others including me, are looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

So will more changes like these be made to make red more like blue?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Pokémon Master Staff Member Moderator

The reasoning I was given for this change was that TPing is now seen as a trade point, alongside the diamonds or whatever item is being used to coerce the person to tp. So, you are trading a tp for diamonds. Before this point, that wasn't how it was interpreted, and at first I was also hesitant to see it like that. I'm not sure what the future of this will look like. I do agree, though, that some sort of announcement should've been made before we started punishing for a rule interpretation change. It isn't fair to the player base when we start punishing for something that we haven't punished for before with no announcement or warning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

Darn yeah it’s not right, there was NO WARNING and now I have an hour jail time. What the fuck is this? Keep us in the dark then punish without warning?

• Like Like x 3
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. ZeZebu

ZeZebu New Member

Idk about this, but violently trolling fresh players the minute they joined will never, i sincerely hope it, be allowed on Applecraft.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. NR_Does_Stuff_YT

Yeah but in my opinion, that rule where if someone promises something like diamonds, and if u tp and they don’t give diamonds but kill you instead counts as a scam is a really dumb rule because, with baiting people with diamonds for a tp kill, it actually helps newbies realize that not everyone on red is trustworthy and that they need to figure out who to trust. Also I don’t know how promising diamonds to someone then killing them is a scam because they are not intending to give anything to you, so it’s not a scam. That simple. They are just expecting to get something for free. How is being promised free stuff then getting killed a scam?!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

When they join they are told tp killing is allowed

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. ZeZebu

ZeZebu New Member

the base rule is simple : be an ass and you'll be jailed/banned

"How is being promised free stuff then getting killed a scam?!"
    It is called trust abuse (easier on a noob isnt it?) = being an ass

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Potato Potato x 2
  16. CD_Marauder

I also dislike the trolling of new players and attempt to discourage it on blue. It creates a bad precedent and makes our community look toxic to new players. However, this issue has to do with rules and how they've been newly interpreted/changed. I can see why players who have been doing this are upset by this. While I said before that was at first hesitant to interpret it the new way, implying that I do now, I still don't really see how "TPing" can be counted as a service in a trade. It doesn't make much sense to me, but I also understand the other argument of those who reinterpreted the rule in where you are trading your time and your privilege to accept a tp to get items. Though now that I type it out it makes even less sense. This definitely should have a lot more discussion within the staff team, and CERTAINLY an announcement should've been made.

• Like Like x 3
  17. shystars001

shystars001 Member

keepin tabs on this because i'd like to know if the rules for RED are going to be rewritten soon to avoid having new and old members receive punishment for information they didn't know changed.
    No one has been jailed for baiting with free items before, it's been in the last 2 days we've seen consistent punishment regarding this issue.
    Are we going to get an updated /rules that clearly state the new information given to players of RED?
    There seems to be some tense thoughts about this subject.
    would love to see what everyone says, especially if Pazo could clear this up definitively for everyone.
    cheers!
    <3 :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. NR_Does_Stuff_YT

Umm if being an ass is against the rules then half of red would be banned by now.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  19. CD_Marauder

Pretty sure "trust" isn't a main point on red though

• Like Like x 3
  20. CD_Marauder

A change in how /rules is written should definitely occur if this change is deemed permanent. The way it is written now in no way says obviously that 'offering free items and tp killing is considered scamming," thus, the now-occurring argument around interpretation of the rule

• Like Like x 2