SUGGESTION: Create a second Global chat channel

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CommanderOtto, Jan 10, 2019.

1. CommanderOtto

CommanderOtto Active Member

I was just wondering if there is any chance of this being considered? Is there a plugin or something we can modify to add a second global chat to AC for each server (Blue, Red and Wild)? The reason I ask this is because there are some situations when mods ask for you to take your conversation to LOCAL or to Private. However, from a practical point of view, that is not possible in all cases. If you are having a conversation among 3 or 4 people, you cannot do that with private messages. Furthermore, nobody uses LOCAL because it only covers an area of a few chunks. In essence, a second global chat would allow people to talk about:

1. Mature content
    2. Other languages
    etc...

Perhaps Global Chat 2 could be un-moderated? Not sure if that is entirely a good idea, but maybe we could give it a test run and see what happens? Without a second chat option, when a mod asks you to take it elsewhere, they are effectively killing the conversation as you cannot take it anywhere else...

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
  2. Batarian

Batarian Member

Maybe not completely unmoderated, there's certain words that should really never be said. But I support this

3. CertifiedRoadman

CertifiedRoadman New Member

man this would be great... then snowflakes would no longer complain

4. albasant

albasant Member

2 globals has been explored before and its just generally not a good idea, it just defeats the purpose of a global chat entirely and makes getting peoples attention way harder. Sounds good in theory, but in practice we need a singular channel of communications. One of the reasons this fourms is so important imo.

5. Mitchstopher

Mitchstopher Moderator Moderator

if you have a designated group that plays together frequently, I highly suggest making use of the Applecraft Discord.
    Not only does it remove the necessity for painfully sift through global chat, but You can basically ignore it, if you get your entire group onboard with Discord.

As for getting extra channels. I myself, have actually tried to get just that, in the past. Unfortunately, it's not an avenue that is likely to happen :(