The case of the missing Pickaxe ...

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by JupiterNorth, Feb 21, 2020.

1. JupiterNorth

JupiterNorth New Member

So a couple of days ago my Unbreakable Pickaxe went missing, looked everywhere for it, i'm usually very careful with things like this but could not find it anywhere. I could only assume i had accidentally dropped it. Bummer but thats on me tho i could have SWORN i had it when i logged out.

However encountered the following odd issue today.

Upon logging in i set about tidying up a rather large quarry i had been excavating and was about to remove a dirt pillar with my Unbreakable Shovel but when i selected it i must have hit Q by mistake and it threw it from my inventory where it promptly turned into a Dirt Block. Bemused by this and now being two Unbreakable tools down i decided to see if the same thing would happen with my Axe. SO, upon throwing my Axe from my inventory it turned into my Shovel! I had a full inventory when i logged in and now had one space free and a missing item. Decided to see if teleporting would fix the issue and behold when i ported back to another /home my Axe was back in my inventory.

Essentially i'm wondering if there is some kind of bug with these items if there is a high entity count the area. This issue could have been caused by all the excess blocks lying around.

I'm not looking to try and get my Pickaxe back, i'm sure thats on me, but it COULD have been what happened to it and thought worth noting.

2. Arlendo

Arlendo Member

Hey there,

The issue you describe can be briefly explained as a miscoordination between the server and your game caused by lag, making some actions you realize not count on the server's side, like having to break a block more than once for example.

To avoid this from happening in the future, don't move stuff in your inventory too quickly that way giving the server time to register your actions; otherwise, you might accidentally drop stuff again while a false copy of it remains in your screen. In other words, play slower if server goes slower, you're outspeeding it leaving no time for it to read your activity.

Hopefully this helps you not miss anymore items o/

3. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Pokémon Master Staff Member Moderator

another thing that helps is changing your drop key so you dont accidentally drop stuff in the first place.

4. Spooner684

Spooner684 Member

That's a great idea, I didn't even think of that. I drop things a lot.

5. DWoodhouse

DWoodhouse New Member

or remove the drop key altogether, much safer :)

6. Vikrej

Vikrej New Member

fucking pour sulfuric acid on your q key and don't give it mercy!

• Like Like x 1