The issue with the "Claim killing' rule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PedroGuerrero, Mar 26, 2020.

1. PedroGuerrero

PedroGuerrero New Member

I would like to make this post to address a problem I detected in the intrepretation of our rules at /Red. This has to do with the idea that players are not allowed to claim kill inside their own claim, even if other killing methods are allowed (lava casting, smothering, falling traps etc.)

However, I would like to make the case that both categories, when made inside one's own claim, are one and the same.

I'll explain.

Creating killing mechanisms to ward off against intruders is considered a legal kill inside your claim, even if you make it on the fly. That being the case, the rules are clear that one may place lava buckets on the floor if they see someone they dont desire inside their claim, or even break the floor below them.

However, on the 26th of march of 2020, staff have made the interpretation that such methods do not apply to rocket crossbows. Should they be fired by a redstone contraption ir would have been deemed legal, but since it was done by a player defending a place he had /permissiontrust, the staff's rulling was not in his favor.

What this signals is that yes, players are able to defend their claims from intruders; but only in contrived and ineffective ways. Should that be the case? And if so, the rules must be stated in a less dubious way.

At the case in hand, without mentioning names, a player had been told by staff time and time again that killing in your claim is allowed if use any of the methods listed above. How can this be the case for lava buckets and not any other methods? So would that prohibit end crystals, who have a wider range than rockets and which usage is constantly more widespread? Or is that only allowed in tp kills? And if so, why would they be allowed as a tp kill and not as a defense mechanism?

And let's ellaborate even further on this logic: If you answered: "yes, end crystals should be allowed as both a tp kill mechanism and claim defense should you find an intruder', why does that rule exclude rockets, which are ways less effective?

The rule must be written in a more precise manner, leaving no margin for opposite interpretations. I wouldn't blame staff for falling in such error, but perhaps a better instruction should be given.

Think about a Titan who has a flag; he'd be able to TP a player to his claim and kill him there. Does the scenery change? The line is blurred. We would'nt like to play with that uncertainty. We as players support Applecraft and have great respect for Apple and some very kind mods, such as Lornon and Toterly, to name a few. We would like this to be better explained to us. It would avoid such situations like the one today, where a player who has the same permissions to my claim as me was jailed for 15 minutes for protecting the base against an intruder whose motivations were unclear and, in fact, was warned not to come or else be killed.

Sincerely,

PedroGuerrero

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Clancy

Clancy New Member

Yup I agree

• Like Like x 1
  3. OrlandoTyr

OrlandoTyr New Member

That is all logic

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sammm

Sammm Member

I'd bring this to discord if I were you!

5. Lornon001

Lornon001 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm going to try and answer your questions but of course, an ADMIN will always have the final say or the MOD specifically dealing with the case in question will have the final say in the matter. So if you get jailed because they made a different ruling don't use this post to defend yourself. I am also only referring to RED here not blue/purple so if you play either of them this post means nothing. That is my disclaimer. Also, could people stop sending me msgs on discord or in-game about this subject that would be awesome!
    1. The use of handheld weapons such as crossbows with fireworks is a no go, as this is simply using a weapon to work around the claim protections on pvp.
    2. Claim owners or players with /trust using tnt, end crystals, dispensers with arrows, traps, drop killing trap houses would be perfectly ok in most cases. Of course, this is judged on a case by case bases. Also, none claim owners or players without /trust killing people inside of a claim using tnt/endcrystals/crossbows with fireworks is still not allowed.
    3. Titans are allowed to set a flag on there claim for pvp (they paid for this privilege) and therefore are allowed to have pvp inside of there claims.

I hope that brings some clarity to the situation