Trying to Balance Hyperspace Orb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by albasant, Sep 12, 2019 at 11:35 PM.

?

Is this important to you?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. albasant

albasant Member

Recently the hyperspace orb has been nerfed to no longer include: Creepers, Wandering Traders, Iron Golems, and Elder Guardians. This is, as explained by apple, to stop the abuse of the item in the context of these mobs. Now, the wandering trader (as well as villigers) makes perfect sence, no matter how you work with this, those mobs can be easily abused.

However, I think the other mobs are rather unjustified in thier bannings (this includes the previously banned drowned as well).

The Hyperspace orb is perhaps the most staple (An item commonly owned/used) item of the applecraft server, each server has thier own set of "staple" items but hyperspace orb overlaps them all on all 3 servers. It's safe to say at this point (especially after the space crate reprint) that this item is a mainstay of the server and a must have for late game players. Even early/mid game players often rent the orb for how usefull it is.

This is my justification to why the orb should be worked on more then effort being put into it right now, this item is very important, moreso then any other item. (besides mabye disguises as a collective).

Recently the 1.14 update made it possible to interact with mobs "genes". Ill admit I am no expert on minecraft code but my understanding is that this has made it alot eaiser to create a mob with/without desired characteristics. Using this, it should be possible to make it so the orb only respawns- for example drowned, where they never have a trident. You don't need to go this far for every mob, just the abusable ones, keeping stuff like sheep esentially being a one time sheep spawn egg is totally fine for those mobs.

Essentially, I think this item should be worked on more then a simple banning of mobs. I'm not entirely sure how to do that, the point I'm trying to make is that it should be adressed. I would like it to be tweeked in a way that it can function in it's ideal capacity. This is an important item, and I am requesting in hopefully a convincing manner that it be prioritized.

Theres also a chance I am overestimating how much the staff/general playerbase cares about this, in which case please inform me so I can shut up.

Thanks for reading -Albasant

2. albasant

albasant Member

This video by xisumavoid explains the genes thing and a bunch of other stuff- genes stuff is at the 9:30 mark

3. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

Never heard about the hyperspace orb.
    Do I understand it correctly, from the limited info you reveal about it here, that it essentially makes it possible to move and store mobs as eggs? Or am I totally off here?

And what does it cost in the shops?

• Potato Potato x 1
  4. albasant

albasant Member

I dont know where youve been where you dont ever know what a hyperspace orb is. But yeah, it essentially lets you pick up a mob and replace it, except the replacment is not the original thing you picked up and is more akin to what you find when using a spawn egg of the stored mobs type (e.g you can pick up a pink sheep with it, but when you place it back down again its a brown sheep). And it goes for around 10 stacks but its in the range where the price wildy fluctuates depending on who your talking to.

• Potato Potato x 1
  5. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

Ohhh I'm sorry for being so ignorant of a fucking item in a game.

There's no need for you to be condescending just because I didn't know about a crate item. There's been so many, it's impossible to keep track of them all if one takes brakes as I have.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Murph

Murph Redmin Staff Member Admin

the hyperspace orb clears NBT tags
    drowned - players used the orb to farm tridents
    villagers - can be used to reset them as well as move them super easy
    creepers and iron golems - players could capture /pets and use them to farm easy materials
    creepers - by being able to move them so easily this crashed the beacon marked by making it too easy to collect them for wither skull farming
    guardians - some wonderfull people used them for griefing newbies

in each of these cases the mobs have been either abused or used in a way that realy doesnt meet the expectations of our community so unfortunatly we have had to alter the item

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. JakeBeauty

JakeBeauty New Member

Is there a cool down on the orb? i have seen people use them to reset animal breeding ect
    maybe a cool down should be added

8. Taiguen

Taiguen New Member

I want one even more now lol

If im being honest, I think the nerfs are fine. Really does seem broken as all hell as it was if you could bring creepers into the nether, give a poor brosnap a sudden wither to the face (I figured there would be a lot more creeper spam.)

For the blue and purple servers, that is. I'd say allow withers on red, and maybe have them lose their contents when in the nether. Porting around villagers is meh imho, I've never had troubles with a minecart or using the town mechanics to have them move from one 'proper door' to the next and you can reset them in-game by placing different workbenches by them.