What are moderators for?

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Baphomet, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Baphomet

Baphomet New Member

I have notice a common trend within the chat of applecraft. I see it day in and day out that people who just need a moderator to help them get blatantly ignored, by the people who in my opinion are meant to help or at least give the information that is needed. One example of this is how me and my friend found out that we couldn't use animal chests anymore with a message "Sorry, chests on horses, llamas, mules etc are disabled!" after finding this out my friend went straight to chat, who wouldn't when they find out all of there llama chests have gone and the mule that has taken countless hours to get no longer has a use. Three of the moderators and an admin were online at the time but would rather take part in common banter than answer a person who has been a player on the server almost 2 years longer than some of the incompetent mods who ignored her. The only people who did answer were a elite player, and two people who didn't have an official rank. these people were also confused about the disabling of chests on animals but couldn't give an actual answer such as one that might of been given by someone with actual knowledge of the server such as a mod or an admin.

I have seen other people who have asked for help and not even got it when they said "it's a joke that we don't get help from mods" i also witnessed the owner (applebranch) telling people to help out someone who asked for it in chat. This shows that people understand that they are useless and would rather joke around with the chat instead of actually doing something to help out the wellbeing of the server and to keep confused players happy.

Thank you for reading this i just think that the moderators should check on there priorities. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
  2. ShadowDelux

ShadowDelux Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I apologise that you didn’t receive the help you needed.

Sometimes questions can slip through the cracks for a number of reasons.

Luckily we do have a great player base that’s is extremely helpful when staff sometimes drop the ball.

Unfortunately this issue is rather fresh and unknown to the general public. Chests on animals were disabled to tackle an issue with duping.

If you ever don’t receive the help you require from asking in general chat you can try messaging a member of staff either on the server or on discord.

Once again, I apologise for the lack of help you were given.

-Shadow

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Baphomet

Baphomet New Member

I appreciate that you took the time to read over my post, thanx for the responce. I just dont like seeing people go without help that they need.

And thank you for clearing up the issue with the chests, i will tell my friend about it later.

4. Murph

Murph Redmin Staff Member Admin

im not going to lie there have been plenty of times ive missed stuff
    between the contsant flow of stuff in my chat and me just zoning out sometimes
    if you need help and general chat isnt working try messaging them directly as its harder to miss
    and i know for me the chat sound is turned up just for this reason

5. Baphomet

Baphomet New Member

Ok thanx for the reply man, i will keep that in mind.

6. ShadowsOfTheNight

ShadowsOfTheNight New Member

Baphomet, i get what you mean. i always get ignored in chat. not just by mods and admins, but by EVERYONE. if no one is going to answer the questions in chat, Why IS THERE ONE??
    I just wish people would take some of us more seriously.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. blindedhate

blindedhate New Member

Don't hesitate to ask me anything whenever I'm online. The thing is sometimes some questions can not be answered by Moderators themselves like, "When is the 1.14 gonna be released" I have encountered this question like more than 10 times in the chat and it's the same answer being said "It all depends on applebranch(the owner)"

• Like Like x 1
  8. SJ_

SJ_ Member

Sometimes ur msgs aren't seen, just msg a mod or someone for an answer.

9. Murph

that doesnt depend on apple so much as the plugins holding our server together once we have an answer on those we can go for it

10. Hawaiiuhn

Hawaiiuhn New Member

When I first joined, there were a lot of times I needed help and I felt like I was never being heard haha. I was told a lot to pm a mod if I needed help and it seemed to work out from there.

11. Murph

i can litteraly hear pms from the other side of my house

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. ShadowDelux

ShadowDelux Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I can hear your pms from the uk

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Meoweon

Meoweon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I hear pms so much, it haunts my dreams

• Potato Potato x 1