[Wilderness] Combat Logging

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MITCHELLLL, Jan 7, 2019.

1. MITCHELLLL

MITCHELLLL New Member

THE WILDERNESS.

The Wilderness closely imitates the true vanilla Minecraft experience, only adding some necessary plugins to make the game much more enjoyable. Currently, the wilderness allows players to use both TPA commands, and sethome commands. Through hours of gameplay of the Wilderness, I have found a Massive flaw. Players are easily able to escape pvp encounters by simply logging out during the combat, Or by using a teleportation command, allowing them to completely escape any form of danger within three seconds.

How can this be fixed / Improved?

By Implementing a Combat Logging plugin into the wilderness, PVP will be a much smoother interaction between players. Removing the easy option for any player to escape combat will create the Ideal gameplay experience for the wilderness, although it was not previously created by Mojang.

• Like Like x 3
  2. MITCHELLLL

MITCHELLLL New Member

Bump ;) Please feel free to comment additional ideas or opinions

3. Jiro

Jiro New Member

I never talked about this issue as I thought it was already added to the server, and I never had anyone do it to me, but I agree this is 100% a must. Also, I feel like the 3 seconds timer to teleport away should be increased in wilderness, to something between 5-10 seconds. It's very easy to ender pearl away from a battle you are losing, /home home and sneak those 3 seconds.

4. calithas

calithas New Member

But then 5-10 seconds would be an excruciating amount of time to wait just to teleport, I already get bored enough waiting 3 seconds but that's more ideal than anything lol...maybe something that disables teleportation completely whilst you're in combat

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jiro

Jiro New Member

3 seconds boring? Lol that's nothing compared to how long it would take you to travel there by walking in vanilla.

6. MITCHELLLL

MITCHELLLL New Member

Bumping again, Would like more feedback and opinions

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. MITCHELLLL

MITCHELLLL New Member

Double bump, Please responses!

(Edit) : For a server based from an extreme survival experience, I personally find it completely absurd for a player to be rewarded for escaping combat. Not only does the action come off as a cowardly move, It cheats the opponent who also risks their own loot for the chance to win combat and steal another players loot. Since I have made this post, I have consistently encountered players cheating me of a victory, by simply logging out as I am close to winning the fight.

For a server that has no rules that effect the vanilla gameplay, I personally find it strange that staff would allow such unfair gameplay. I am aware that a combat logging plugin is not part of vanilla minecraft, and that you can create traps to counteract opponents logging out during combat, however it is poor sportsmanship that players are simply allowed to avoid combat by teleporting out (Which is also another enabled plugin) Or by logging out during a fight.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  8. Mitchstopher

Mitchstopher Moderator Moderator

I see your argument and I have 2 things to add to it, from my point of view only.
    1. I do agree that during pvp, it's a bit disappointing when a player escapes via teleporting away.
    I am inclined to agree with it personally that teleporting or warping anywhere should probably be denied during pvp interaction. However, there are players on wilderness who aren't there for the PvP, but just for the vanilla experience, with an attached community. So those players also need to have an option to get out of a pvp situation, other than just running away for an eternity while being chased.

2. The logging out during a pvp fight. Sorry but if you're argument is that the vanilla experience is ruined due to people teleporting out of a pvp situation. All I can say to that, is the most vanilla way to avoid a death, is to log out. So to me, that seems totally fine.
    I will, however, point out, that on Red, since that server is more designed for the PvP hungry, there is an anti-log out feature during pvp combat.

Sorry for being long winded,
    Just my 2 cents
    ~Mitchstopher

9. PeeledBlackMan

PeeledBlackMan New Member

I must say that the 3 sec tp is good enough. keep in mind its not a pvp server. its just one of its additions. The purpose it to give u a vanilla experience which is allready kept a bit at bay because of the /home and /spawn or /tpa commands. But also making ppl wait longer for tp's because of combat reasons is not the way to go since a lot of ppl dont mind the pvp and jsut want to play survival as vanilla as possible.

The combatlog however. Mitchstopher is also right in this regard. I remember in my early days of minecraft that when i was about to die to another player id just log out. I was playing on a real vanilla serer in 1.6 or something. So yeah its the way to avoid death. I agree since i have since played on a lot of factions and pvp servers that it feels unfair now. But keep in mind. this aint a pvp server. its vanilla.

(ofc i too think its extremely annoying.)

~PeeledBlackMan (formerly IMonSTAR61)

10. Jiro

Jiro New Member

Wilderness has more pvp going on than Red, so it definitely needs an anti-log out plugin more.

In vanilla singleplayer you can log off to avoid death, sure... but only while you are logged out, as whatever was killing you will continue killing you when you log back in.

The biggest appeal of Wilderness is the pvp aspect of it, but without an anti-log out plugin, the pvp is ruined and lots of people who came to the server will leave. I mean, what's the fun on doing a pvp battle, and when you are almost going to win and get some good diamond gear as reward, your opponent leaves, and now you have to stay minutes, hours or even days waiting in that spot until they log in back again... just to have them log out as soon as they see you again?

I played in lots of pure vanilla servers in the past, and the only plugin all of them had is the anti log-off plugin. Lots also had anti-xray plugins like oreobfuscator, but that's a different plugin. Just because it's meant to be purely vanilla it doesn't mean it can't have one or two plugins that make the experience overall better and more fair. Vanilla servers simply won't work well without them.

Plus... we have other plugins in there like /sethome which are way less vanilla than an anti log-off server anyways...

As someone who loved the idea of the wilderness server, I probably won't enjoy it much unless we get some anti log-off features, because I want to be rewarded for killing a player, and logging off is such an easy way to escape that it shouldn't be allowed. If you want to escape, use ender pearls, speed potions, invisibility, whatever... use actual items in the game, that's how it should be imo.

11. Jiro

Jiro New Member

Yet we have /sethomes and /tpa. Which is way less vanilla than an anti log out plugin.

12. Mitchstopher

Mitchstopher Moderator Moderator

I just want to point out that I don't think Wilderness was created specifically for PvP.
    Just a more vanilla experience with some QOL plug ins.

If you are purely annoyed with it due to the pvp aspect, Red may be more suitable a location for you to play.
    Kind regards
    ~Mitchstopher

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Jiro

Jiro New Member

The problem is, because of claims, where pvp is disabled, people can just hide from pvp, so there really isn't any server in which a losing player can't use an easy way to save their life.

14. PeeledBlackMan

PeeledBlackMan New Member

I sitll dont think we need combat log. If u think other servers did it better than why not play on those?