Wilderness Migration FAQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by applebranch, Jun 30, 2019.

1. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

Hi guys,

Here is some additional information regarding the migration of Wilderness server into the Red server.

1. Why are you closing the Wilderness server?
    The Wilderness server was added 6 months ago as an opportunity for players to experiment with different game modes. However, the staff team has noticed that the Wilderness has been attracting poor quality players (hackers, x-rayers, racists, homophobes). These players are not the kind of players that I want associated with Applecraft, so the decision was made to focus on land-claim servers. Furthermore, the server doesn't have a very high player base - the space used by the Wilderness server could be better used by the other survival servers.

2. When is Wilderness closing?
    Wilderness will close on the 31st of July. I will keep a copy of the server data just in case people have forgotten their items, but you won't be able to connect to the server.

3. What happens to my base and my items?
    All Wilderness players have access to /backpack. If you put items in your /backpack, you can then retrieve them on the Red server. This way, you can move every item you have on Wilderness over to Red. Bases won't be copied over, however.

4. Can I move to Purple or Blue instead?
    You are welcome to move to Purple or Blue, however your /backpack will only work between Wilderness and Red. This means you will need to start fresh.

5. Why does my backpack say I need to wait to use it?
    There is a 30 second cooldown on using the backpack. Please wait 30 seconds before you use it.

6. What will happen to the backpack after the 31st of July?
    Backpacks will be disabled on the 31st of July and you won't be able to transfer items any longer.

7. How do I use my backpack?
    Go to the Wilderness server and do /backpack. Fill the backpack with items you would like to move. Then go to /red and empty all the items. The backpack can be filled as many times as you need to move all your items across.

I understand that many players will be very upset by this decision, and I apologise for doing this. However, I wouldn't be closing Wilderness if I didn't believe this was best for Applecraft. I've had some great times on Wilderness playing survival myself, but I don't think Wilderness is sustainable long-term.

If you have any other questions please post them below.

Also, if you're looking for a server just like Wilderness (raiding, griefing, no claims, 100% vanilla anarchy) please try joining the following server. A friend of mine runs it, and it doesn't reset often:

vnlla.net

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rage1124

Rage1124 Member

Honestly I never played on the Wilderness server for exactly those reasons (hackers and generally toxic/racist chat)

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  3. jipdekokosnoot

jipdekokosnoot New Member

I'm gonna quit if wild closes down i put so much time and effort into it and this was the perfect server for me. I think most problems could have been fixed if there was just more staff. This sucks so much.

• Like Like x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Jiro

Jiro Member

Sad news, but totally understandable. The main appeal of the server was imo the lack of claims, but I understand why most people don't like that, as no one enjoys having their base raided. I will miss logging in to push afk people out of the spawn island and drown them :( But I'm excited for the rest of the updates and I hope this change will be for the better.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jipdekokosnoot

jipdekokosnoot New Member

If your base got raided it taught you something. How to secure it better. It gave you a new thing to do. Their was always something to do. Can't say the same about the claim land servers. Which after 31 july will be the entirety of applecraft. I think all problems can be easily fixed and they wouldn't need to delet wild.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. AlexSpirit

AlexSpirit New Member

This is probably the worst decision Applecraft can possibly make. The Wilderness server is the best server that Applecraft can offer, and the lack of land claim and loose rules make it a unique experience, close to anarchy servers. Shutting down Wilderness because of, lets admit it, generally low quality of moderation and lack of competent staff members will not solve the issue. I can assure you most people will NOT move to Red, they will just migrate to other no-claim servers. If you do not want to lose a big chunk of your playerbase, consider finding a different solution to this issue.
    Furthermore, the community of Wilderness is, in my personal opinion, way better than, say, red or blue community. The argument of "homophobic and racist community" is literally made up, as toxicity exists on every server and people get muted and banned for toxic behaviour REGARDLESS of the server they are playing on.
    I hope this post makes the Applecraft staff at least consider another option before literally ending their best server. (Or maybe they just want to close it because there are no lootboxes and microtransactions on Wilderness, I dunno...)

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. lognas

lognas New Member

I feel that this is one of the worst things that can happen to the server.
    Wilderness has developed an incredible community over the months since it's creation.
    The servers rules and regulations have allowed for a unique playstyle which has proven to be loved by a vast amount of the community.
    Due to weak moderation, the majority of hackers on applecraft have come to wild and have swiftly been banned. While I understand that wilderness causes a hard time for the moderators who oversee it, the sense of community is hard to ignore and should be maintained.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. lognas

lognas New Member

If wild is too much for moderators I suggest that it should be maintained by devoted and trustworthy long time members, this would allow for an independent world that is not too much stress for mods.

After discussion with the players of wild, we have come to the conclusion that this may be the best way to keep wild running and reduce hacking as several devoted players have come forward to be potential moderators who can be trusted and liked by the majority of the wilderness community.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Marten_G

Marten_G New Member

I made an account 5min ago just to post this. I find this a really sad decision. That the solution to a few bad/toxic players is to shut down a whole community. Ever since i bought minecraft last year, this was the only server i really committed to, for me (and many others) it was a perfect somewhat vanilla experience. To be honest, it makes me mad to hear that the reason are bad players. These select few are a minority on our server.
    In my 6 months of playing i only had trouble with a hacker once. It was solved by the moderators and i had all my stuff restored. And if "being racist" is also a reason, that's just wrong. You really don't see many racist comments, and when they do appear, immediately people will stand up against these troublesome players. It showes that our server is filled with good people.
    To outsiders our server may seem "wild", but it's the place where i've met plenty of cool people, some of which have become friends. I would hate to see all these positive players leave the server, if they don't want to "immigrate", maybe i'm even one of them. I understand that wilderniss is an exhausting server for moderaters and higher ranks. But just killing the server really does not feel right to me, and to many, many, many others. I truly hope you will reconsider this decision.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. AlexSpirit

AlexSpirit New Member

I realy like how, despite having differences in-game, everyone seems to unite to save this server!

• Like Like x 2
  11. AlexSpirit

AlexSpirit New Member

Red and Blue are more toxic, though... Yes, there are some inadequate people on Wild, but Wild is a vanilla experience, without lootboxes and other bogus, which attracts more mature players

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. ShadowDelux

ShadowDelux Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You’ve been told why it’s shutting down and when.
    I suggest you use the remaining time to make a decision on where you will go next, whether that be another AC world or not is your decision.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Elduff

Elduff New Member

Gonna miss the Wilderness. Loved making new friends. Ima move my stuff to red, then probab;y start playing purple world.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. SaltChipper

SaltChipper New Member

literally all of those things are frowned upon

• Like Like x 1
  15. SaltChipper

SaltChipper New Member

literally look at what everybody is saying. practically everybody agrees this is a terrible idea

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. lognas

lognas New Member

I understand why you feel this way based on the reputation of the server but if you were to actually play on the server you would swiftly realise that this view is not true and that the wilderness community is not nearly as bad as many people believe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AlexSpirit

AlexSpirit New Member

This might surprise you, but the server is nothing without the people. We are responding to this thread not to make a desicion, but to tell you that your decisions are terrible. Sure, you have the power to shut servers down and ban people, but in the end you achieve nothing by bricking the best server you have to offer, you will just end up with a bunch of angry and dissapointed people. Essentially you are shutting down the server instead of doing anything to fix its issues, just because its easier for you.
    Why not make stricter rules?
    Why not enforce them efficiently?
    Why not install a single anti-cheat plugin, for once?
    Sure, shutting the server down is easier, after all, its not like people can spend their money there, lets just make them move to a server with lootboxes and EpIc ItEmS

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. tomthebombmp360

tomthebombmp360 New Member

I started playing Minecraft after 4 years in may and I found the perfect server that I was looking for, old school vanilla Minecraft with people being dicks to other peoples houses for the fun of it. It put an emphasis on making a secure base which I enjoyed and ive put in enough time to get god armour and a god trident, the wilderness would be perfect if there was a plugin that automatically kicked people for saying racist and homophobic shit - there are ways to save the wilderness other than shutting it down, the owners just need to try. I'll almost certainly stop playing if this goes through.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mika

Mika New Member

I will probably quit if this happens. I really hate land claims.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lily Ngo

Lily Ngo New Member

I feel like this is the worst way to handle the situation honestly. I think there’s more ways of getting rid of the hacks and toxicity than just shutting down the server immediately, and not really trying anything to fix it. Try maybe getting better Mods or even more to help enforce rules with the toxicity and hacks. And I don’t know what you guys were expecting when you make a server which allows griefing, of course people are going to get toxic if all their hard work just gets destroyed or robbed from. Having griefing helps people learn they have to make secure bases and know how to hide stuff well, that’s what makes it fun and having competition with other people in the server. You shouldn’t ruin it for most of the members on the server that aren’t toxic or hackers, THERE IS OTHER WAYS TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING THAN SHUTTING THIS SERVER DOWN !!
    - Anti-hacker plugs
    - Enforce rules better
    - More Mods
    - Kicking toxic people
    I know forsure I’m leaving this server if you close down Wilderness

• Like Like x 2