Xray 1st

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by LilyMooMooo, Mar 21, 2020.

1. LilyMooMooo

LilyMooMooo New Member

In-game name: l_uckyy
    Ban date: 21 / 03 / 20
    Ban reason (if known): Xray - 1st Offense
    Moderator who banned (if known): Malpatch
    Comments/explanation: I would never xray on AppleCraft as I have been obsessed with this server and it's my favourite server. I understand that it may look like I was xraying but I have a pretty crappy pc and I'm always lagging and at the time I was lagging very badly that my chunks were glitching out and was able to see ores which I do understand is an exploit and completely forgot as I usually use that exploit in Singleplayer and I am very sorry for using this exploit to my advantage. I got tempbanned for 7 days as I do understand I exploited so could I have my ban reduced to 1-3 days if that is possible?

Take care of yourself and wash your hands. :)

2. Malpatch

Malpatch Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi l_uckyy,

Thanks for taking to write an appeal and for using the correct format.

You claim that you were able to see the diamonds due to chunk lag but I have some doubts on this. Typically, during such instances, players are only able to see the blocks on the edge of the chunks surrounding the one that has yet to load. The majority of the diamonds/ores you've mined were on the inner sections of chunks, with only one or two on the edges.

Each blue circle represents diamonds (sometimes other ores like iron/gold), red lines indicate direction of movement. For the sake of this appeal I've toggled the function to show chunk borders.
    [​IMG]
    The diamond vein in the image below does sit on a chunk edge.
    [​IMG]

Additionally, while I was watching you, I investigated some of your earlier mining sessions.
    With the exception of an emerald ore, none of these other ore veins/diamonds sit on a chunk edge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one below you branched off from a random section of your long mine tunnel.
    [​IMG]

If you're able to show me that you experience a different type of chunk lag, such as through video or screenshots, I will consider shortening your ban sentence.

3. LilyMooMooo

LilyMooMooo New Member

Does the evidence have to be of my view or can I show a screenshot from another persons pov as it usually only happens when i’m lagging and apple craft is very laggy and single player doesn’t lag very much as apple craft and obvs i’m banned. i understand why you would believe to think that i was xraying but i would never x-ray especially as i love this server. i hope you have a great day and make sure to take care of yourself and others

4. Malpatch

Malpatch Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It would have to be from your own point of view.
    You mentioned in your first post that you often use this exploit in singleplayer, so you're able to recreate it/have it occur in singlepalyer.