Alt Acc Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Gecko, May 22, 2020.

1. Gecko

Gecko New Member

In-game name: TheGeck000
    Ban date: 5/21/20
    Ban reason (if known): Alt Account
    Moderator who banned (if known): tinychief
    Comments/explanation: I have talked to mods about this before but I've recently discovered some new information that had put me in jeopardy. My sister, as I've talked about, has used my account (Gecko04) for playing minecraft. I got on like once or twice to actually play, but realized that she had gotten banned permanently for xraying. I didn't mind much as I thought I can create an alt account because I read in the forums that siblings are a reason to have alt accounts. Yesterday however, I talked with her and found out she had created even more alts to try and get back into the server and got banned for xray again. When I created a new account for myself, (TheGeck000) I had bought the unbreakable tools set, unlimited set homes, elite rank, (accidentally bought hero rank and demoted myself) and made an irl deal with another player. My sister does not have a job and is 12, so I suppose this is even more solid proof that we are two very different people. I also changed the password to the Gecko04 account, and banned her from using my computer or going on Minecraft. (She was not happy about that.) If you still do not believe me, I can send a voice recording or something along the lines of that of both of us. Please consider my case, and thank you guys for your time <3

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  2. tinychief

tinychief Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello TheGeck000,

Thank you for taking the time to write an appeal and using the correct format. I have taken this appeal into great consideration and looked into it further to make sure that it was not a mistake. After discussing this ban with an admin and examining the account in depth, I regret to inform you that your permanent ban will have to stay in place. I will tell you why. From where I stand, this account looks a little bit suspicious for two reasons: number one being that no votes were made. If there were even ten votes on the account, I probably would have given you the benefit of the doubt and lifted the ban, but since there are none, it makes it a little harder to do so. The second reason is, I banned Gecko04 on 5/18/2020, and this account joined AppleCraft on 5/21/2020 with the same IP address just three days later. To make a long story short, this seems just a little bit more than a mere coincidence. I'm sorry I could not give you better news.

Wish you all the luck on your next server adventure,
    tinychief

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  3. Noxxy

Noxxy New Member

Yo, can you or your sister vouch that I randomly tp'd to you and asked to hold your sword and promised to give it back? I was making sure you didn't already have unbreakables to which I then gave you an unbreakable shovel/axe and sword? I just don't want those items to go to waste and I have no proof on my end that I gave them to you aside from our chat logs of you thanking me.