Broken Items List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drakso, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Drakso

Drakso New Member

I saw in the chat that there are rares that don't work any more because some of the effects for one reason or another got removed. This is okay, and I agree that some abusive effects should be banned or removed. But, I can't seem to find a list of items that gone through changes like this. It might be useful to have it on the forums as a pinned post or something and update it with items that get their effects removed. Somebody mentioned that the fight club book does not work. Also I have the elf staff that does not work. I don't want to go and buy a rare end spend my DBs if it doesn't work by DESIGN. I see some of these items in circulation. If not a list, maybe reimburse people for the items and take it off their hands to get out of circulation. That is also an option. Anyways, any thoughts about this?

• Potato Potato x 1
  2. BariSaxMatt

BariSaxMatt Member

most "wand" items are broken atm (i.e. biome wands, the dark elf staff, etc.) btw.

why would broken rares be compensated for? sure, they may be broken but they're still worth something for collectors, and they'll probably be patched/fixed in the near future.

things break every now and then. be patient and apple will fix the broken rares when she can.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Drakso

Drakso New Member

Yea I get that. But it is nice to have a list at least where we can keep track. Because not everyone knows which item is broken and not everyone is a collector. And I gave the option of reimbursement IF they are not planning to fix any of them. If there is a plan to fix them, at least have them somewhere and then remove them if they are fixed. I can build a module for this website for tracking this if someone can input which ones are broken and remove them when they are fixed.

4. Lornon001

Lornon001 Grumpy Staff Member Moderator

A lot of the broken items return to normal after a restart. Especially any item shooters. It is normally just a hiccup and not a permanent nor long term issue. Shooters are the most common item that breaks and I have yet to not see a restart not fix that issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. TheSarchasm

TheSarchasm Ancient Being Unbound from Time and Space Staff Member Moderator

Just off the top of my head I can think of a few rares that are either legit broken or broken-adjacent.

1) Pet Tokens. The pet plugin is currently disabled.
    2) That one rare that lets you call in a loot box drop. Same thing, plugin is broken.

Also while it's not necessarily "broken", there are a lot of rares that are PRONE TO breaking because of the items they are made from.

1) Anything made from a water bucket.
    2) Anything made from a dye blobby
    3) Flowers and anything else you can put in a composter
    4) ... My advent item last year was an arrow and you can shoot it out a bow. Even though it looks like a paint brush. It is still an arrow.
    5) Anything that is food may get eaten.

Items with a cooldown on them will temporarily get stuck in a forever cooldown that ends up fixing itself the next time the server restarts, as Lornon said. So any item that shoots something, as well as the teleportation rares.

• Winner Winner x 1