Do you guys think 1.17 will significantly devalue diamonds?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AwesomeDragon97, Feb 18, 2021.

1. AwesomeDragon97

AwesomeDragon97 New Member

Recently there was a new snapshot released for 1.17 and it changed the ore generations. (Here is an image that shows how it changed: https://imgur.com/RH5cgSF). As shown in this image, a significantly larger amount of diamonds will generate at really low levels, so my question is: do you guys think this will significantly effect the value of diamonds, and if it does should I spend all my diamonds before the update?

2. Z'alih

Z'alih Member

diamond will only spawn in new shunk on the server so not really affecting the diamond value

3. aquietwhyme

aquietwhyme New Member

What would you spend your diamonds on? We don't have a money plugin here, so diamonds will continue to be the currency of choice, as netherite is and will remain too rare to take its place. I'm more curious to see if copper will be added as a currency option.

4. AwesomeDragon97

AwesomeDragon97 New Member

I wasn’t worried about diamonds becoming worthless or no longer the currency, I was just worried that they would become devalued due to much more of them being generated in 1.17 chunks.

5. aquietwhyme

aquietwhyme New Member

But still, what would you buy? Rares? They can always be reprinted, cratering their value. Blocks? Most blocks aren't REALLY worth a diamond a stack anyway, we just don't have diamond shards to properly value them.

I mean, I can create diamonds out of nothing with both the D20 and the Dadboss Pick, and that hasn't seemed to have devalued them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Kelvin2000cc

Kelvin2000cc New Member

It probably won't, as it seems that you can't instant mine Grimstone, even with haste 2 eff 6 netherite pick.

In my opinion, I do not expect diamonds to devalue significantly, as you can't mine it at a crazy rate like we are having currently.

7. Z'alih

Z'alih Member

oh yeah I forgot multiple rare can create diamond. I have the second chance pick that does the same, but there's so little rare that does. probably why the diamond value never drop

8. BuddhaBoi

BuddhaBoi Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rares definitely hold their value better than diamonds regardless. At least on blue, keeping your assets in diamond blocks and not Rares is doing yourself a huge disservice in the long run.

• Useful Useful x 1