falsely banned lol

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by OJandvodka, May 19, 2021.

1. OJandvodka

OJandvodka New Member

I was joking about using x-ray, mod banned both of my accounts for no reason. If staff had bothered to check my inventory, they would have seen that I have literally nothing. If I was using x-ray, I would most likely be loaded with diamonds eh? Moderator messed up, unban OJandVodka and the_space_king please. ManInAVan needs to be reigned in, dude banned me for no reason lmfao. Honestly is hilarious, staff should be better than this lmao.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Lornon001

Lornon001 Grumpy Staff Member Moderator

Please use the correct ban appeal formant

In-game name:
    Ban date:
    Ban reason (if known):
    Moderator who banned (if known):
    Comments/explanation:

3. OJandvodka

OJandvodka New Member

• Potato Potato x 2
  4. ManinaVan

ManinaVan Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello and thank you for using the correct format. Although you joked around about using xray and would be sometimes inappropriate in chat, I was looking further into your account and noticed that you also go by the account the_space_king and when searching through the ban logs, that account has been permanently banned for xray which means coming into an alt from a vpn or from another computer would be ban evading. Here is the conversation and confirmation of the ban evading before you were banned:

[ ManInAVan -> OJandVodka ] wait a minute, you're the_space_king right
    [ OJandVodka -> ManInAVan ] ye
    [ ManInAVan -> OJandVodka ] it says you got a ban on that account for xray
    [ ManInAVan -> OJandVodka ] so...this means you're evading
    [ OJandVodka -> ManInAVan ] mhmm
    [ ManInAVan -> OJandVodka ] welp, thanks for cooperating
    OJandVodka got banned by ManInAVan

Coming back to the server when permabanned on another account for any reason would be ban evading and since it was a permanent ban, you shouldn't have came back at all unless otherwise. Unfortunately, you will not be unbanned.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OJandvodka

OJandvodka New Member

Sorry for the late response, I have been busy.

You seem confused, let me break it down for you.
    My first account, the_space_king, was banned because I was joking about using x-ray. There was no evidence that I had been using x-ray, staff didn't even bother to check if I was mining or even if I had items in my inventory that could be obtained from x-raying. Staff did not give me any opportunity to clarify that it was a joke, staff did not give me an opportunity to share my screen and prove their accusations were false. Staff didn't even bother to TP to me and see that I wasn't even mining when they banned me for using x-ray, LOL! In the real world, at real jobs, this is called negligence. The staff falsely banned my first account because they failed to do their due-diligence, and now due to the "ban-evading" loophole I am to remain banned, even though the first ban was erroneous in the first place.

I'll make it as simple as possible:

the_space_king ----> account banned for joking about using x-ray
    OJandVodka ------> account banned for Ban evasion

Both were banned on the same day, the_space_king's ban should be overturned as there is no proof of x-ray, I again invite you to check that accounts inventory, sethomes, etc. It's ridiculous that you can be banned for x-ray while you aren't even mining or shown any provable x-ray tunnels lmao. OJandVodka's ban should be overturned as well, seeing as the_space_king was falsley banned.

A mistake was made by staff here, I hope that it is rectified.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Potato Potato x 2
  6. Sarchasm

Sarchasm Ancient Being Unbound from Time and Space Staff Member Moderator

Just...throwing it out there, your first ban appeal does still exist.

upload_2021-6-4_17-21-57.png

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. OJandvodka

OJandvodka New Member

Did you even read it? I was unbanned after 7 days lol, and he specifically stated that I would be permanently banned if I were to be caught x-raying again. I wasn't caught x-raying again, I was banned for joking about it. I would ask you to show me proof of any alleged x-raying that caused my ban in 2021, but I know for a fact there isn't any, because I never x-rayed. Using a forum post from almost three years ago to try and stain my character is just not a good look friend, it shows me that staff is unwilling to take accountability for their mistakes, which is certainly a red flag for people who are in positions of power.

8. ManinaVan

ManinaVan Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Gathering more info, I noticed that the ban took place in 2018 where xrayers get a permanent ban instead of the current 7 day tempban. Since the punishments have changed, you have been unbanned and the 1st ban is counted as a 1st offence only. But if a staff member witnesses you joking about hacks and/or xray again, they or I would reconsider this decision, based on the chat offences your alts already have. And unfortunately, if there were any proof, the logs are too old to search.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OJandvodka

OJandvodka New Member

I apologize, but I do not follow your logic. There is no rule against joking about using x-ray. This is the second time you have changed your reasoning as to why I should remain banned, how many times are you going to move the goalposts to avoid admitting you made a mistake? Now my chat history has an impact on the decision? How? Your reasons for banning me were:

1.) Joking about using x-ray on the_space_king
    2.) Ban evasion on OJandVodka

Your new reasoning for upholding the ban is because I had already been banned almost three years ago, and I like to joke around in chat? You are punishing me for something I was already punished for years ago, can you please enlighten me as to how that is in any way fair? Can You tell me why staff on applecraft are not required to document proof prior to banning someone? Punishing someone without any actual proof of wrong-doing has been frowned upon in the civilized world for literal centuries, can you tell me why this is the exception?

This new reason for upholding the ban is clearly another attempt to avoid taking any sort of responsibility for banning me erroneously, you are being unprofessional. You clearly had no idea when/why I was banned on the_space_king until I clarified it with another post. My entire point was that I have been erroneously banned due to a lack of due-diligence and a staff that jumps to conclusions. Here you are, proving me right friend. Can I ask why you refuse to look at my case without bias? We all make mistakes, it's ok to admit that you're wrong once in a while.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  10. SJ_

SJ_ Probably Sleeping Staff Member Moderator

11. OJandvodka

OJandvodka New Member

Can you clarify?

12. SJ_

SJ_ Probably Sleeping Staff Member Moderator

13. OJandvodka

OJandvodka New Member

I am still banned.

14. ManinaVan