GRIEF

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by MagicalShark, Jun 23, 2020.

Tags:
?

Should this player be banned?

1. YES

2. No. Let the player off with a warning.

3. No. This player did nothing wrong

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MagicalShark

MagicalShark New Member

A player named MythReclaimer came into my base and killed me and my friend multiple times (we did not give consent to pvp). He stole some of our items and destroyed parts of our base. Is there anything I can do to report this player?

2. MagicalShark

MagicalShark New Member

I did more some more research on this person and if you go to the official player list you cannot find his name. How he avoided this I do not know but it might be hacking. (sorry if i am wrong)
    In addition the servers saying is I quote "We don't allow raiding or griefing, which means all your builds are completely safe." MythReclaimer broke the rules even if he was not hacking so he should be at least warned if not banned.

3. Sammm

Sammm Active Member

Was this on blue or purpls

• Like Like x 1
  4. MagicalShark

MagicalShark New Member

it was on red

• Potato Potato x 3
  5. Wolfie Gilbert

Wolfie Gilbert Member

On red all griefing is allowed. As stated in the rules/wiki my dude. Try out blue/purple if you want to avoid this in the future

6. LavenderCrumbs

LavenderCrumbs Member

If you dont want this kind of thing happening i suggest moving to either blue or purple, as griefing is allowed on red :)

7. Sammm

Sammm Active Member

Make sure to check out the /rules :)

8. MagicalShark

MagicalShark New Member

On /rules under the red section it states, "Griefing and or raiding is permitted in unclaimed areas, be careful to claim your things." My base was claimed. I did not /trust them.

9. fifjfjrhds

fifjfjrhds Active Member

I think red is a griefing world so even if it's not claimed it's gonna be griefed soon since it's red sorry

idk why red removes a claim after a time limit if you still can't grief it, so i think it's allowed to grief unclaimed areas (not sure), it just said no major damage

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  10. MagicalShark

MagicalShark New Member

The claim was made a couple of days ago since I am a noobie and I made the claim when I first joined. Griefing is allowed on unclaimed land but my base was fully claimed. So griefing should not be permitted. "Claims expire after 6 months of inactivity" In addition, on the red rules it states, "PVP is permitted everywhere except in claims" so he broke that rule as well.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  11. Spooner684

Spooner684 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This is an issue that would be better addressed with an in game moderator.

12. MagicalShark

MagicalShark New Member

For some reason i was muted in game. I have not really been talking in chat. The only thing I said that might have got me muted was that someone asked for a farm design and I told him to look it up on google

13. Spooner684

That would not get you muted unless there was more to it. If you have discord you can ping one in game mod while you are online and they will help figure out what is going on.

14. MagicalShark

MagicalShark New Member

15. rj_10_10

rj_10_10 New Member

red rules rly need to be more straight forward smh

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. misty_firefly

misty_firefly Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I would like to state that as a red moderator, the rules are pretty clear.

Players CAN grief the land AROUND your claim. This is why it is recommended to expand your claim the moment you get more claim blocks.

Second, if you are just outside of your claim, you may be killed. This is NOT a claim kill. HOWEVER, if you are inside your claim and someone uses, say an end crystal, on the edge of your claim and you are killed in the blast radius, this IS claim killing and against red rules.

You also may NOT push afk players outside of their claim in an attempt to kill them. Again, classed as claim killing.

If you were muted MagicalShark, you may still use pms. So next time something happens, please pm an in game mod. The sooner you get help in game, the easier it is for us to act on it if it is rule breaking.

Hope to see you in game soon !
    Misty <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. TheSarchasm

TheSarchasm Ancient Being Unbound from Time and Space Staff Member Moderator

Hey there,

So I went through and reviewed your claim list. Right off the bat I have to say, your base is very much NOT fully claimed. You appear to have a collection of 10x10 claims scattered around an area, but your structures and the space between them are not claimed properly.

upload_2020-6-24_18-38-22.png

Those gold and glowstone blocks show the area you actually claimed. The house right next to it is unclaimed and can be griefed.

upload_2020-6-24_18-39-24.png

Same thing here. You made a 10x10 claim and then built completely outside of it.

upload_2020-6-24_18-40-0.png

Your entire claims list is made of 11x11 claims scattered around the area. None of the space in between these claims is protected from griefing at all, and if you were between any of these tiny claimed when PVP was initiated, that would be why you were killed "inside your base".

I checked, you've never been muted by the staff on Red. If you weren't able to talk in global, it would most likely be an issue of chat settings - usually people end up getting stuck in /local or something. But yeah. You were never muted.

TL:dr You need to claim your ENTIRE base, not just 10x10 chunks of it, or people will kill you and take your things.

Thanks,
    Sarchasm

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Spooner684

I find red rules to be very straightforward.

• Like Like x 4
  19. xXMooseBeardXx

xXMooseBeardXx New Member

This guy also goes by another name on red still ending with myth, Hes legit stalking me but My claim is Huge, My only concern is that he has some weird items that allow him to fly / hover over my claim and may be casting some kind of guardian status effect, forget what its called, not miners fatigue but it looks like an angry gray sun, Is this hacks? or a Mod or Legit items, Dunno ideas?

20. smbailey

smbailey Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Most likely voidwalkers and a highlight players effect. If you ever see someone and suspect them of hacking, however, you are welcome to message a mod in-game to check it out.