How can I request to see the data Applecraft has on me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadowsych, Apr 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowsych

Shadowsych New Member

Hi, under the privacy policy it says "You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us."

Link to the privacy policy is here: https://applecraft.org/community/index.php?help/privacy-policy

When I click the "contact us" link it just goes straight to the home page of the forum. How would I go about contacting you guys to see my personal data stored on Applecraft?

Also, just a small suggestion to the privacy policy, you guys might want to add that you can view player's DMs and sometimes log chats when inappropriate stuff is said.

2. Drunk

Drunk Head Drunk Admin

no - That would only to see things on the forums not the server

3. Wolfie Gilbert

Wolfie Gilbert Member

Dude for real? Just let this go.

4. Shadowsych

Shadowsych New Member

Having a privacy policy for just a forum and not the actual game makes no sense, but I've already argued this enough and I'll just let it be since it won't change anything.

Never mind about my request to see my personal data then.

5. Wolfie Gilbert

Wolfie Gilbert Member

Thank you.

6. Sammm

Sammm Member

Have a lovely day!

7. Sarpadian

Sarpadian Poultryman Staff Member Moderator

your logic is flawed friend, a privacy policy is issued by a company or franchise governing a website to collect information on the following things. pasted directly from the extensive wiki article on the concept of personal identifiers used in process of a privacy policy

The following are less often used to distinguish individual identity, because they are traits shared by many people. However, they are potentially PII, because they may be combined with other personal information to identify an individual.

the server has no access to this information and does not ask for it either. the shop, owned by trebex, and this forum, owned by enjin, are their own entities and enterprises, and THEY are the ones using cookies and various other persistent identifiers, if you would like to get this information these are the people you get in touch with, not us.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Shadowsych

Shadowsych New Member

@Sarpadian

Thanks for responding, but I just want to clarify that the list you provided is not extensive to everything. In the CalOPPA (privacy act of California) it says that the list you described above are "not limited to" the above items. It states that CalOPPA applies to "personally identifiable information through the internet about individual consumers residing in California".

This personally identifiable information includes IP Addresses since you can use them to approximately geo-locate, perform a DDOS attack, DOX, or even call a SWAT with just a person's IP Address. This is why many companies actually already have a privacy policy stating that they store IP Address information (such as Microsoft). Even the EU's GDPR law states that the "IP Address should be considered personal data as it enters the scope of 'online identifiers'".

The problem is that Applecraft game server doesn't say that they store IP Addresses in a privacy policy.

I hope you understand, thank you for a more kind response than your other mod/admin peers :).

9. Wolfie Gilbert

Wolfie Gilbert Member

Hey @Shadowsych these are international rules where are canadian laws? This server isn't located in the EU or California to my knowledge.

10. Shadowsych

Shadowsych New Member

Hi, @applebranch just has resolved the issue!

She has stated here https://applecraft.org/community/index.php?threads/applecraft-needs-a-privacy-policy.15704/page-4 that "we probably should have a privacy policy" regarding what I described above.

Now we can stop arguing and wait for her to implement a privacy policy for the game server :)

Also, just because the server isn't in California or the EU doesn't mean it can just ignore the privacy acts. If the server allows for Californian or EU residents to join, then they must comply with those privacy laws.

• Potato Potato x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.