Is it possible to file a complaint against a mod for their handling of an appeal?

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by duskvil, Aug 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. duskvil

duskvil New Member

My friend A (not his real ign) was banned, he filed an appeal and it was declined. We both feel like the appeal was mishandled. The mod didn't let my friend defend himself and seemed like they weren't even interested of lifting the ban. The attitude from the mod wasn't the best either but that isn't what the complaint is about.

Is there any way this could be resolved?

• Potato Potato x 1
  2. DWoodhouse

DWoodhouse Member

Based on your account history it's clearly about EmpathyYTYT's ban appeal
    Looking at it, the xraying is pretty clear. The mod also checked with another mod and both agreed.
    There is picture evidence. It was a second xray event. His excuse was flimsy and did nothing to contradict the picture evidence.

Aside from that, maybe your friend can contact another staff member on discord if he feels misjudged, but personally i don't think that will have a very big chance of success.

• Like Like x 1
  3. duskvil

duskvil New Member

I disagree due to The second and third picture looking like someone mining as usual and The 5 minute gap shouldn't be used as evidence. Empathy had been playing for a while, people need to go AFK because they have real life stuff to do, but oh well. He also didn't have a motive. We are rich enough. Why would he risk it for a few diamonds? We will think about trying to lift The appeal. I will most likely leave The server due to my basemate being banned. I will miss this mostly good community but I certainly won't miss this incident.

Thanks for your quick reply and your time.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    • Potato Potato x 1
  4. duskvil

duskvil New Member

By The way, what is the point of appeals if The mods are often dead set on not listening?

5. DWoodhouse

DWoodhouse Member

They listened, they replied, the evidence was there, the appeal did nothing to negate the evidence
    You seem determined to make this a "mod abuse" problem when in reality it's just a "xrayer got caught again and doesn't want a permban" problem

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. duskvil

duskvil New Member

I never said it was mod abuse. You are twisting my words. They didn't listen. They didn't take in the possibilites. Why is digging around something xraying? Should people only mine in a straight line?

7. DWoodhouse

DWoodhouse Member

I'm gonna top discussing someone else's ban appeal with you now. see my 1st reply if you want to continue in circles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. duskvil

duskvil New Member

You skipped right over the "twisting my words part". I am happy that I bid farewell to this server at The right time.

• Potato Potato x 1
  9. l_uckyy

l_uckyy Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello, if you know I am a new mod. When I watched them, I wasn't 100% sure they were xraying. This is why I asked an older mod, _mrhappy360 to look and roll it back. He agreed. It wasn't normal mining, no one just magically turns and finds diamonds with no reasoning to turn. There was no deepslate, gravel, lava etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Mrhappy360

Mrhappy360 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Your friend xrayed and got caught. It was very clear and we provided evidence to support our claim. Your friends argument added nothing to his defense and needed no response.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. lttomboyle

lttomboyle Boolie Staff Member Admin

Complaint = filed

Appeal = denied

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1