Kaylee_1011 – Trade scam

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by iScottien, Dec 1, 2020.

1. iScottien

iScottien New Member

I have already talked to a moderator about this and they seemed to think that this wasn't a trade scam but I have a different opinion. Kaylee_1011 clearly knew that what they were selling didn't have a value of anywhere near 32db and wanted to scam a player that didn't know this into giving them db for nothing.

It was a shaulker which had diamond blocks within it, or so I thought. It was actually full of cobble stone.

Apparently this was from April fools or something? It has no value and they were clearly relying on a player coming along that hasn't played for that long who would not know that this was the case and try to deceive me into buying this.

I did have red flags but it said Jackpot on it and I could only assume that maybe they were quitting or feeling very festive... I don't want them banned I just want a refund after paying 32 diamond blocks for some cobblestone...

Maybe I should have known better but I feel like I have been trade scammed and I know that's not allowed. Surely this isn't right?

I have screenshots... apparently I can't post images on here...

2. iScottien

iScottien New Member

I have come to understand that this was an April Fools crate item. However, in this case it is not a rare, it is just a renamed shulker box with renamed cobblestone inside. Trying to sell this to a player who does not know any better is in my opinion scamming them.

3. iScottien

iScottien New Member

Bump?

• Potato Potato x 3
  4. DocPBush

DocPBush Member

so u bought a shulker for 32db, that u believed was full of diamond blocks. stacks and stacks and stacks of diamond blocks... for 32db

u didn't get scammed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. iScottien

iScottien New Member

On second thoughts, you are probably right, don't worry about this I'm past it, I will be more careful. No hard feelings :)

6. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

That was an actual April Fools 2019 rare, you should have done research on what Jackpot was imo, but yeah 32 DB is a ripoff, I sell those for like 10 or 15 usually. Just like how the "Creeper Spawn Egg" isn't really a creeper spawn egg. :p