Lost, Red Server, 1 kingsblood rare

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grandpa_jestyr, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Grandpa_jestyr

Grandpa_jestyr New Member

My tale of woe...

I had a shiny new kingsblood that I had bought from creeperboy185 for 2 stacks dbs. Wonderful thing and all.

I was walking about tapping the ground with a stick in my main hand checking claims while holding the kingsblood in my off hand... suddenly the kingsblood planted??? wth??? I wasn't using the off hand... why did it suddenly plant? I'm not dumb, I know that ruins the rare. I'm not expecting to get it replaced... but I'm hoping... doesn't seem fair and all since it appears to have happened due to a glitch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
  2. Grandpa_jestyr

As expected... they won't do a dang thing for me... I got screwed by a glitch and have no recourse. Bend over, someone else is driving.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Deolit1

Deolit1 New Member

Unplaceable books are wonderful things

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grandpa_jestyr

of course they are and would have been used... but I wasn't even holding the thing when it "planted"

5. SJ_

SJ_ Probably Sleeping Staff Member Moderator

Things in your off hand can be placed like blocks and flowers and I would assume because a stick doesn't rlly have a use when right clicked in the vanilla game it planted. I understand this doesn't help you at all but I figured I'd chip in. Probably best not to hold placeable items in your off hand.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. fifjfjrhds

fifjfjrhds Active Member

Smart people use /hat for placeable rares if they're too poor to buy an unplaceable book.
    but sadly if you don't have a donor rank, kingsblood or any other placeable rare is in danger if you put it on one of your hands. (that's why it's important to have an unplaceable book if you don't have /hat)

• Like Like x 3
  7. LungShake

LungShake New Member

I thought there was a bug where unpeaceable items in your offhand prevent you from eating

8. yeeterspooky

yeeterspooky New Member

it still exists

glitch is still there

9. Grandpa_jestyr

Well, Apple staff will not restore my unfairly lost rare... Minecraft will not allow me to create a dark alt to unleash my frustrations in a creative way... All that's left to me is to go Evil and spread death and despair across a once peaceful land. BEWARE

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Spooner684

Spooner684 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

11. Grandpa_jestyr

Oh, I was quite well aware of the general policy...and I'm also aware that it's not always followed. I simply had hopes that fairness might prevail... Oh well.

12. Grandpa_jestyr

Makes me happy to hear that others on Red who suffered this exact same problem with a kingsblood got theirs replaced while I am given no such consideration. Doesn't rub me the wrong way at all.

13. fifjfjrhds

fifjfjrhds Active Member

??????????

14. PinaGamer

PinaGamer New Member

ooga booga

15. Grandpa_jestyr

Staff... have you chosen to give in to my demands? It would be a wise choice!

16. Spooner684

Spooner684 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Mathew762eml

Mathew762eml Member

I mean this with all due respect but how on earth are people able to keep track of all the rare interactions when they are retextured? Surely all rares that are able to be broken/used should either come with a warning in the description of the item (like the drunks brewery) or should already be unplaceable. Just because there are unplaceable books doesn't mean it's right to lose rares like dyes onto signs or planting a rare. Unplaceable books really are helpful for rares you eat but won't be destroyed (like the spider cannon).

But it's not like this person is trolling the admins by "breaking" an item. It's literally an interaction that isn't warned about in the lore of the item and if any good admins come by surely they can see that mistakes happen with items and that nobody benefited by this mistake. They surely have a way to see what item was placed and by who and can fix the issue.

It's really unfortunate that some of the older rares have the ability to be broken in ways that realistically only those who "know" about it are safe. I sure would hate to lose something like a hyperspace orb because I accidentally used it on a sign. I sure as shit didn't know that was even possible two weeks ago.

18. Lornon001

Lornon001 Grumpy Staff Member Moderator

I've lost over 20 rares and they never got replaced, even as a mod I have lost rares, and due to not having interactions or evidence that I had them I was unable to get them replaced.
    Speaking of hyperspace orbs I used to have 5 I now have 1 and screen shot every time I take it out to use it IE hold my mouse over it and screen shot it. I feel the pain of losing rares but unless there is enough evidence to support that you had it then nothing can be done. And we're not talking about other people's words, we are talking about logs and evidence supplied by that person.

19. Mathew762eml

Mathew762eml Member

Yeah if there's no evidence then that really sucks and I would not think it's possible to replace it. Is it not possible to see what was placed?

20. fifjfjrhds

fifjfjrhds Active Member

You can temporarily turn off textures you know?

Kingsblood is an old rare so i bet they wouldn't edit that, that's cool if they did tho

Why not just take care of your "placeable" rares if you don't want to buy unplaceable book and risking losing it? because it's not really admin's fault if you lost it because you weren't "careful" or because you didn't buy an "unplaceable book" removing a risk losing it.