Make titan shops not expire

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jiro, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Jiro

Jiro Member

I understand why normal shop plots have to expire... but why titan shop plots? At least here in red where I play, there's plenty of free slots for titan plots. I feel like removing all of the effort and progress that someone put on a build, and also the valuable items in sale in it for just forgetting to update the shop for 3 weeks is a bit too much.

Maybe making them never expire is too much, but how about make titan shops expire like claims? I can't remember the amount of time it was for claims, but something like 3 months seems much more reasonable for removing titan shops than just 3 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. albinoorange

albinoorange Member

They should also not delete items (cus its a raiding server anyway, on red atleast)

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheSarchasm

TheSarchasm Ancient Being Unbound from Time and Space Staff Member Moderator

Titans DO get longer than regular shops, but it's one month, as opposed to three. Realistically the plots can't be held indefinitely. It might be possible to extend the deadline. I'm not sure how often it comes up that a Titan level player leaves the server for more than a month without notice though.

That'd be the issue really, deciding how long a plot can be held without notice. Even at 3 months, there would most likely be a few cases where someone comes back after 3 months and a day and is sad to find their shop deleted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paxolotl

Paxolotl New Member

I do agree with Albino on that point. There needs to be something done with items in an expired shop as opposed to simple deletion. Unlike xrayed diamonds that get smited out of existence, these items were acquired by the original owner in a presumably fair manner and I believe the items should be distributed someway. Not so much give a little to every player, but maybe a Staff Shop that sells certain items at a price and the diamonds/other could be distributed amongst staff as a way of thanking for their service. (I'll be honest that last part is the only thing I could come up with at the moment that's not smiting those from existence.)

5. Wille

Wille Member

Id be down for items in expired shop plots being dumped into a random event thing somewhere. Many almost one of a kind rares or very rare rares have been deleted because of expired shops and it really hurts the economy

6. SJ_

SJ_ Probably Sleeping Staff Member Moderator

Pretty sure when people's shops get removed (especially titans) the valuables are given to the owner

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
  7. 20builder07

20builder07 Member

I think that it should maybe be extended, but don't get rid of it. If a player quits for good, then their shop would sit there forever, when someone else could be using that land.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Zombieplays0412

Zombieplays0412 New Member

if they kept it there and someone quit then what is the point of it being there? it will never restock or anything. so that is why they have to put that time limit.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
  9. 20builder07

20builder07 Member

That is exactly what i said.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Zombieplays0412

Good that means i have officially wasted your time!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. 20builder07

20builder07 Member

And gave me an unnecessary dislike!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Zombieplays0412

perfect. hope you enjoy another one!

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  13. Wille

Wille Member

this is false. the stuff is deleted. atleast it has been that way on red historically speaking.

14. TheNickWylde

TheNickWylde Member

Keyword: on Red

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1