Maze Event Sign Ups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MelonMarauda, Mar 7, 2021.

1. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]
    Hey Everyone!
    I am pleased to announce my next event on Applecraft! A giant maze! Now I know what a lot of you guys are immediately thinking, “ANOTHER F!@#ING MAZE!? WHY!? AND IT HAS PARKOUR!?!?! YOU’RE HORRIBLE MELON”. I wouldn’t blame you for that reaction BUT my team and I have put a lot of effort into this monstrosity. There is survival, parkour, maze navigation/mapping, combat (not pvp) and puzzle solving involved. The maze has multiple layers with tunnels and vine routes scattered throughout with a centre area for getting resources for your maze travels.
    But before I get into the rest I would like to give a huge thank you to those who helped make this a reality because I would not have made this without their assistance. So thank you to Pure_Purple_, Flame_Star1, Pixelus, Lord_Of_Cipher and Mistyfirefly.

Now, how does this work? This maze event will be a team event. Each team will consist of 4-8 players (no less and no more) and I would suggest forming them wisely as having a wide range of skills will be VERY helpful. Each team will have their own separate maze and will start the event at a time decided by them. The fastest team to complete the maze and exit AS A TEAM will win first prize! Please take note that I said fastest, NOT first. There are also second and third prizes as well as participation prizes. To complete the maze you'll need 50% of your team, rounded up, at the exit. To start the maze will be the same requiring 50% of your team. When you start the maze you will enter into a survival area within the maze and then you must explore, find the secrets within and complete the challenges to exit.

Signing Up
    Times available for teams to pick from are listed below. I am flexible so if none of those times work for your team please message me and we can work something out:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DIInuRGo4RwRO6lhqN9UvZvshyKvupTB3xHn16iScrA/edit?usp=sharing

To sign up please respond to this in the following format after gathering a team and picking a starting date and preferred time from the above document:

Team Name:
    Team Leader (Both IGN and Discord):
    Team Members IGNs:
    Starting Time Preference:

Other details
    I don’t really want to give much away but some crucial details! I have completed this maze myself, so yes it is possible. Yes it took me a long time. If you die it takes 5 minutes ish to re enter the maze. You have to be on the server in the maze world for those 5 minutes ish to tick by (you’ll see why). If you get stuck, you will have to re enter the maze just as if you had died so be careful, ensure wherever you’re going is not a one way dead end. Map, it, out… I would suggest finding a good minimap mod because I have no way of preventing people from using them so you all may as well use them because they will be very useful.

Penalties
    ANY questions regarding this event asked to those who helped create it other than myself will incur your team a 2 hour time penalty so PLEASE direct them to my discord MelonMarauda#4865. Keep this thread to applications only, thank you.
    Any member of a team found cheating in any way will get the ENTIRE team disqualified and the entire team will NOT get any rewards for even participating. Another reason to choose your team wisely.
    Any member of any team found sharing information about the event to other teams or anyone not within their team will have their entire team disqualified again preventing that team from getting any rewards. Sharing information could be as simple as giving hints about any details, so choose your words wisely. Once the first 3 teams are identified teams are free to talk about the maze without consequences.

Rewards
    1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive special rewards and every other team that finishes will get the participation reward. Details on these rewards will remain hidden until the teams claim them.
    There are also 3 other rewards up for grabs for the fastest team to find Megan and Greg, the missing beet and Shaun. If you find one of these take a picture with them and send it to my discord to mark how long it took your team to find.

Good luck maze runners. You’ll need it.
    -MelonMarauda

Ooooh and one other thing for all you maze/parkour haters, I am in the mood for making things, so if you have any good ideas for events message me about them. I am however not a fan of recreating someone elses minigame. So don't tell me to make bedwars. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ShadowDelux

ShadowDelux Applecraft’s Finest Staff Member Admin

ANOTHER F!@#ING MAZE!? WHY!? AND IT HAS PARKOUR!?!?! YOU’RE HORRIBLE MELON

• Potato x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. Z'alih

Z'alih Member

so no there's no way to solo it? exclusively teams?

• Like Like x 1
  4. tacocatermelon

tacocatermelon Member

welp, rip my single braincell, it just had a heart attack

5. Ali <3

Ali <3 Hearterator Staff Member Moderator

Team Name: Sarma
    Team Leader (Both IGN and Discord): AlisHere, Ali ♡#4612
    Team Members IGNs: AlisHere, _fig, gardensAnxious, Rheavn, oreoiguess, add_the_pro, PoshieMea, iron_345
    Starting Time Preference: 20

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  6. NoGo721

NoGo721 New Member

Could we do smaller teams than 4?

7. Pasmus

Pasmus New Member

I hope the prize isnt a melon of truth 2

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. MelonMarauda

I may open it up to the rest of the server disabling a bunch of things to allow run-throughs without the survival aspect so that everyone can do it on the same map without screwing it up for others. If I do do that it will be after the competition and there wont be any prizes involved.

9. SebasSebitas

SebasSebitas New Member

Sounds Fun

10. NoGo721

NoGo721 New Member

Also, when you ran through it, how long did it take?

11. MelonMarauda

I didn't record the time, but I know it would have taken me over 2 hours to reach all of the objectives. That's with knowing the location of everything, being in creative mode and using fly. This is why teams are important as there are multiple objectives that must be found and completed.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  12. NoGo721

NoGo721 New Member

Ok, ty. :)

13. OlleNallen

OlleNallen Member

Team Name: Bick
    Team Leader (Both IGN and Discord): OlleNallen, Discord: olele#0061
    Team Members IGNs: Tepiq, Lillen06, apsill, OlleNallen and RoseOfKunzite
    Starting Time Preference 18

14. Atiq Khan

Atiq Khan New Member

How are we gonna get to the maze if we sign up, do we get on applecraft at our designated time, and you will gie us cords. Orrrrrr?

15. MelonMarauda

I'll give each team a little info package about half an hour before it begins with the details they need to start.

16. Atiq Khan

Atiq Khan New Member

I'm sorry but how will you be giving the package, through discord or minecraft?

17. MelonMarauda

Through discord, thats why I ask for the team leaders discord.

18. Atiq Khan

Atiq Khan New Member

Last thing I am so sorry, but is there any way there could be a time slot for march 19th 12:30am utc, and I'm pretty sure that's 8:30pm EST on thursday march 18th, correct me if I'm wrong, because I use EST and I used a conerter for UTC.

19. MelonMarauda

I can indeed make a time there for you.

20. Atiq Khan

Atiq Khan New Member

Ty