Persistently Occurring "SocketException"

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Wyrdhare, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Wyrdhare

Wyrdhare New Member

Ever since the server upgraded to 1.17.x, I have had persistent discourse with my connection to the server. Sometimes, I would be on or trying to log in, and then it would kick me out with this message:

I have constantly had to use workarounds, but I am rightly tired of it because I cannot justify constantly restarting my router. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything else on my system except my connection to the Applecraft server, so what can be done to remedy this? If it's on Java's side, that **** **** hard, IMO.

Edit: Just found it is now affecting other server connections too, so ignore this; I'll try the Minecraft forum directly.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  2. Captain_Goodra

Captain_Goodra New Member

i wanna know what's the **** ****

3. Wyrdhare

Wyrdhare New Member

According to my efforts to traceroute, the issue occurs somewhere upon my connection entering Canada, which surprised me, because last time I looked, I thought this was an Australian server.

Also, the **** **** is ambiguous; it can mean whatever you want personally, but it can't mean anything here.

4. Sarchasm

Sarchasm Ancient Being Unbound from Time and Space Staff Member Moderator

The owner is Australian, but the server is in fact hosted in Canada.

5. CarlosMZ12268

CarlosMZ12268 New Member

I'm having this exact same issue. I'm new on the server and was trying to figure out the commands to cycle between the survival worlds, and after I tried using /hub or something like it, I got disconnected. Since then I've been getting the connection reset error. What exactly should I do? Can anybody help?

6. Ult_Drago

Ult_Drago New Member

7. intelinn

intelinn Moderator Staff Member Moderator