Report on Blue world scammer

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Kelvin2000cc, Nov 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Kelvin2000cc

Kelvin2000cc New Member

To Admins,

I am an active Blue world player. Recently, there is a fairly new player named JustinF89 who've seen pointed as "scamming", "extreme flipping" and such. While extreme flipping is NOT restricted, scamming is generally restricted as rule 6. Two days ago, I discord messaged Addeve, while receiving no reply, I decide that posting in forum can draw more awareness.

Below I will copy all the stuff I messaged Addeve back in 27/11/2020:

Hey Addeve, player KelvinCalculator from Blue world here. I am reporting some player named JustinF89 for violating rule 6: scamming. So to start off, me, together with several players have gathered some evidence on her scamming a newbie:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Beneplayss, one player helped finding proof on her scamming, contacted Jayyscott for help, but he said only Admins can deal with this situation. And the logs are a bit too far away so it is hard to check the whole conversation
    One more further proof from Beneplayss is here: JustinF89 changed the stuff happened that day from "newbie looking to quit" to "trading key for key".
    [​IMG]
    But to further state the seriousness of this stuff, many players from blue, have also tried raising ppl's awareness on Justin[​IMG]
    ===
    Above is the whole report on the player. I sincerely hope Addeve you can take a moment to look into the problem whenever you're free. Yours sincerely, KelvinCalculator & players from Blue world.
    (The message ends here.)
    With another further evidence, I asked the player, Goosetickler, who witnessed the scamming in place for more details, here is what I got:
    [​IMG]

Again, I sincerely hope admins can take a deep view on this incident. Thank you very much.

KelvinCalculator
    Player in Blue world

• Like Like x 5
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BenePlayss

BenePlayss New Member

3. DWoodhouse

DWoodhouse Member

I don't get it. Is the problem that he lied about what he did with his key (which is not scamming, just lying, because that hurt noone) or is something else going on which is not visible from the screenshots?

4. Kelvin2000cc

Kelvin2000cc New Member

There is something going on that is not visible because it is impossible to know, is the message by JustinF89 to the newbie.
    From multiple evidence we can see JustinF89 got a key by trading diamond armors to a newbie who got a key from voting. Then from the next screenshots below, as mentioned it is from #blue-trades-and-shops, you can see she first claim the key is free given by the newbie as the newbie is quitting an hour later:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Then from the above Discord message, which Beneplayss, another player sent to me, you can see JustinF89 claimed otherwise, that she did a key trade with the newbie. So there is inconsistency in between. Also, from the last seen we got from helpers, the newbie is still on two days after the "trade".

From all the information above, it is suspected that the accused player must have pm'ed something that made the newbie did the trade. Apologizes for sending a lot of info to a reply, but I hope you get my idea. Feel free to ask more about any concern.

• Potato Potato x 1
  5. BariSaxMatt

BariSaxMatt Member

Oh hey that’s me

6. BariSaxMatt

BariSaxMatt Member

Lowballing in general should be punished, especially to this supposed extent. Taking advantage of a newbie for virtual blocks is scummy.

To prevent this stuff from happening, just boycott all lowballers/overpricers. They cant lowball if they dont have enough dbs, and they cant make dbs if they dont have a reliable source of income.

or, like in the older days of blue (can’t say I’ve played then), regulate trade so overpricing and lowballing to this extent is punishable. People are making IMMENSE PROFIT off of people and their little knowledge about rare prices. There’s even one notorious lowballer/overpricer on blue that made their entire shop out of diamond blocks, just to flex their diamond blocks (which were obtained by lowballing/overpricing goods obtained from uninformed players about the prices of these goods).

tl;dr make lowballing/overpricing punishable (on blue), and don’t sell/buy from these borderline scammers.

• Potato Potato x 1
  7. crazy_topper

crazy_topper New Member

I can fully agree, I have evidence as well. I saw this, and earlier today, he tried to scam flapchick2020. He said that his items were worth way less then a stack. It was about the following items: "Blessing of soulfire", "Recycling pickaxe", and "ender dragon disguise". This is not the first time I saw Justin trying to scam people. Especially people who are not familiar with pricing and item values.

• Potato Potato x 1
  8. NAVEISDEAD

NAVEISDEAD New Member

I agree that there needs to be a regulation of trades to an extend. This hands off approach currently in place is breeding an environment where there's too much gray area that allows people to bend around the "rules" in order to take advantage of new players, such as this example with Justin. I don't see why there isn't a Wiki with suggested price ranges for Rare/Crate items. A range that helps people know if they're getting ripped off or not.

• Potato Potato x 1
  9. Addeve

Addeve Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

This report does not violate the current scamming rules

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. fifjfjrhds

fifjfjrhds Active Member

lowballing is shitty but ain't punishable :c

just avoid buying/selling/trading with lowballers and ask price checks :p

11. tacocatermelon

tacocatermelon Member

can confirm as a blue player and a witness 2 this that this does in fact happen, and I also think that maybe the scam rules need to be expanded to also involve serious lowballing, especially if accompanied by overpriced reselling as in this case, and also maybe hammer out some of the gray areas, as just this morning, on the discord I saw someone who lost a large amount of rares during a trade between red and purple that was made unnecessarily complicated due to the amount of gray area in trading between worlds, as well as the line between scamming (which is punishable) and lowballing (which is not) and the different rules in red.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. tacocatermelon

tacocatermelon Member

basically what happened is very extreme lowball