Set de-spawned and nothing could be done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GummyDIno17, Mar 5, 2021.

1. GummyDIno17

GummyDIno17 New Member

So I started playing applecraft in mid-2018 when the 13.1 patch hit and since have been in love with applecraft. They are one of the only servers that is able to support past 13.1 when everything started changing and still have a really relatively smooth running server. In the last 3 years that I've played, I have had some gripes with the lag, but have always stood by that it was a necessary evil to enjoy the protections that applecraft added that other servers didn't. Today, however, after getting booted from the server, for who knows what reason, I had 7 rares despawn on me. These rares included a kingsblood, magma saber, sundrop flower, and a full set of unbreakable netherite armor with a ton of really cool enchantments on them. Total the set cost over 100 stacks to make and even more than that took a lot of time to amass all the parts. In fact it took me about 6 months to get the necessary dbs saved up to create the set.

Needless to say that 6 months worth of work being gone in a second has left me a little heartbroken and discouraged. Even more than that though when I asked a mod and admin if they could help me get the set back, they told be that "items that had despawned were unable to be returned to the player". So despite me having pictures of the full set, from screenshots I took a day prior and even posted in the screenshots section of discord showing off the set, I wasn't able to get the items back. I DO NOT BLAME THE ADMINS OR MODS. This is honestly very understandable because the admins/mods don't want you hiding items and getting free dupes from them and or a variety of other reasons I am sure we don't understand.

What I don't understand however is how easy the mods/admins were able to give up on this. I spent MONTHS getting that set and all that could be done was a simple "so sorry". This is completely ridiculous. Why should WE the players be getting punished for applecrafts lag problem. I would not have lost the set if a lag spike hadn't hit right as I was dumping everything out of my inventory. On top of that I find it ridiculous that mods and admins alike can't offer anything. I know I'm not the first to be screwed over by lag and I probably won't be the last, so if this is something that happens frequently why are there no systems in place to help the players wronged by this?

Applebranch/Applecraft, I love your server, I really do. I've spent countless hours online and have spent thousands of dollars of my own money helping people with irls. At the end of the day, the set was lost and that sucks, but it can be replaced with time. However, I don't want to put time into a server that treats its player base like shit when it comes to these kinds of issues involved with its own server. Unless something is done and put in place to help people screwed over by this sort of stuff, I will be leaving the server as well as encouraging others to also leave until something drastic is done to CARE for the player base. Anyone who does stay on the server to exercise caution with everything they do. As it stands if you lose an item or anything, for any reason due to server-related accidents the people who are put in place to help you can not help you and you are on your own. On your own is not a way you should have to play Minecraft, or do anything in life.

If the support systems can support what is even the point in having them?

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot Staff Member Admin

I see here that it is very distressing and to be honest I do not blame you for your frustrations. If I lost 6 months of ANY work I would likely quit whatever that was and move on. This problem has been around since we opened red for the very first time. Maybe even before that but I wasn't staff before then. Back then it was waaaay more frequent too. Really I don't have a solution for the same reason why the server has never had a solution. What can you put in place that will not be abused by people looking to dupe expensive items? If you log inventories it does not really change the fact that they could just dump items somewhere or into someone else and claim they disappeared. Also logging inventory actions would likely require large amounts of server resources as it is one of the things that changes the most, which would only add to the lag problems that cause this in the first place. Really the only solution is to find what is causing it and yeet it out of existence but the likelihood of finding what exactly is causing disappearing inventories is super low as from my experience, the server does not provide enough data to even give you an idea of where to start looking.

Also side note on your frustration with the servers support systems and why they even exist. They're here to fix MANY other issues, just not this one.

3. TheBenFactorZ

TheBenFactorZ New Member

Are u in the right world?

TheBenFactor

• Potato Potato x 4
  4. Dawning

Dawning New Member

How about you just give him the items he lost? What real difference would it make to the server? This is rediculous. You have a person who supported your server with REAL MONEY. Just give him the dam items.

• Potato Potato x 1
  5. Dawning

Dawning New Member

This guy has obviously been on the server forever. Just give him the items. He paid real money to support the server. He did nothing wrong, so just create the stuff and give it to him.

• Potato Potato x 1
  6. Dawning

Dawning New Member

How about we create insurance for certain people and certain items? After blah years on the server, you get a personal inventory list that is cataloged with the server and so if a glitch happens, you get your stuff replaced. We can even make it the players responsilbility to keep it updated.

If someone supported the server by buying Ranks or Keys with real money, don't we owe them support?

• Potato Potato x 1
  7. CamCam999

CamCam999 New Member

Hey gummy!

I totally get your frustration. The first thing you should do is to directly message applebranch about your concerns, and if she does not reply, then you can go to forums.

In my personal opinion, I believe that you should get the items back, because you are a trustworthy player that I don't think has done anything shady (at least when I'm online). NOT BECAUSE YOU PAID MONEY ON THE SERVER. I am pretty sure the rollback was server side as a lot of people were affected.

I hope you understand, and I will try to notify other staff about this.
    Sorry for the inconvenience,
    cam

8. CamCam999

CamCam999 New Member

We try to help and respect players as much as we can, with or without buying something from the store. If we "owe them support" for buying something from the store, doesn't that mean you are basically buying respect with real money? I just dont think it's morally right to pay someone just for extra respect or assistance. It's my opinion, but it just doesn't sit right with me :/

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dawning

Dawning New Member

First, the response from staff was "sorry there's nothing we can do". That's a pretty big nope there. You don't think that people who financially support the server through purchases are maybe a little more invested in the welfare and future of the server? That's a very odd stance to take. Also I never mentioned anything about respect. I said support.

I was talking about this player who is obvously a dedicated player. The fact that he donated just adds to it.

• Potato Potato x 1
  10. Dawning

Dawning New Member

What happens if a glitch takes something I paid money for through the store?

11. CamCam999

CamCam999 New Member

Hey!
    Just to clarify things, the situation is sorted. We mainly rolled things back because:
    1. The rollback was on the server side and not his side
    2. He is a dedicated player
    3. He worked hard for 6 months to get all of those items, and all of a sudden they were gone.

This was not because he paid for ranks or keys or bought ANYTHING from the Applecraft store. Please remember that our staff team are humans too and we have actual lives outside the game, so if the answer was "Sorry, there's nothing we can do", we will make sure to reassess the situation in a later time.

Anyways, the situation is resolved now, everyone is happy.

BTW, if you buy something from the store and it doesn't come through, make sure to tell a staff member with receipts and they will report it to applebranch.

12. fifjfjrhds

fifjfjrhds Active Member

CamCam999 more like
    NiceNice999

13. tacocatermelon

tacocatermelon Member

its the same as with any other item lol