So Red is Now Blue?

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Sow_God, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Koree

Koree Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Although I do agree with most of what Shy has said, I just wanna say that I completely disagree with this. If you put 150 dollars into a server, I say that you have bought your spot to keep your claim there. I think people are just whining about it because they know that titans probably have a lot of good stuff that they can't get their greedy lil fingers on. As a titan myself, I think that it would be bogus if our claims suddenly have an expiration. I've worked hard to for everything that I have and I'm sorry but I don't see how that's unfair to anyone else. Even if you didn't personally pay for the 150, if you spent the time and resources into getting the diamond blocks for it I still think that you've earned that right.

• Potato Potato x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot Staff Member Admin

You've only earned the right because that's one of the perks that has been laid out. If that perk never existed would you still have earned that right by paying the $150? Probably not, you'd probably be whinging about some other right you "deserve". As titan you get plenty of other perks. Imo permanent claims is BS on Red even if you paid a bucket load of cash on a rank. It defeats the purpose of one of the features of red. If you don't wanna lose your crap etc is that not what blue is for?

It is sad to see a community divided but you have to see that the 2 different servers, red and blue, attract different people. There are always gonna be fights between them because they're just different.

• Like Like x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
  3. Noxxy

Noxxy New Member

Are you implying that it's really difficult to log in at least once out of a 90 day window so your claim renews?

Thank you. Its not like it's hard to log in at least once before the 3 month expire window anyways. And if people really want to, extend it to 6 months of inactivity = expired. Don't ever want it to expire, both purple and blue servers are available. I sincerely doubt a player that buys titan rank then allows their claim to be abandoned for 3 months cares about their stuff anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

Agreed

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. DocPBush

DocPBush Active Member

While I don't think it would go down to well with Titan rank players who bought the rank for one of the perks being "My base won't unclaim, ever." But I do feel in some scenarios that titan claims perhaps should disappear eventually. One scenario is are a lot of claims near spawn by Durzek. Before I quit he was quite active but now he hasn't been on in months and he started his own server. It's clear he's not coming back and thousands of blocks around spawn are claimed by him. Perhaps if Titans quit or get banned then eventually their claims should expire? Then again if you buy Titan rank and don't log in for months I don't think you'd be coming back in all honesty.

6. XMorrox

XMorrox Member

I agree (probably an unpopular opinion) that if someone is banned for life, or quits the game... Their claim should expire (or be removed, in cases of blue and purple) but there's also the problem with people being unbanned (highly unlikely but -shrug-) or returning to continue playing after quitting and then having everything gone...

Just my thought on all this.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Noxxy

Noxxy New Member

That and I think if a player is unbanned after appealing a permanent ban having to start fresh would probably be in their best interest and a well learned lesson to not get banned in the first place by following the rules. An opportunity for redemption and clean slate of sorts.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Manuia

Manuia New Member

I always thought titans claims and claims of players with 100K+ claimblocks weren’t expiring.
    I got told by staff and admins that yes, it was a Titan thing(and added the 100k CB fact aswell while talking) to have your claim safe forever.
    Fact is : I teleported to a old home yesterday, a gigantic titan claim that someone teleported time to like 4 months ago.
    At that time, we asked for a seen —> 7 months inactivity,
    So, a potential 11 months.
    Yesterday, the claim was gone.

So I don’t know if the guy suddenly came for no reason and unclaimed his claim or if a staff unclaimed it but I asked some other old players and they told me that yes, they recently raided some titan claims just like I did yesterday.

So it seems like Titan claims aren’t that safe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MelonMarauda

MelonMarauda Master Teapot Staff Member Admin

And that was on red? o:

10. Manuia

Manuia New Member

Yes

11. Wille

Wille Member

eh they could just reprint it like they do with other rares.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Timebound

Timebound New Member

When you think of red, there are a few things that for the most part don't come to mind, such as trust, and kindness. I believe TP killing should be fully allowed as long as there wasn't a promise of trade, and typing a command in the chat is in no definition a service towards another player. It is fair to say that you scam the player out of their time, but there was never a specified detail about spending time in the so-called "trade", thus I do not believe that SoW_God was jailed fairly
    If you'd said something like "I'll give you free diamonds if you give me some of your time and accept my tp" I would start to consider an argument, but definitely not a crime worthy of one hour jail time, at worst a warning and the items you got from the player back, but tbh that still seems rather ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3
  13. DocPBush

DocPBush Active Member

Mate this fuckin aged well didn't it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. DWoodhouse

DWoodhouse Member

When this thread was last posted in the fucking Covid epidemic was only just starting. I'd say 1.5+ years brings a lot of change. For AC some of which we might not want, but need, to keep it alive in the future.

15. DocPBush

DocPBush Active Member

Idk why you responded to this seriously, or mentioned COVID mate it's a joke.

Literally look at the name of the thread and what the topic was.

16. dwable

dwable New Member

Curious to see what if red will be reverted or not