swords or axes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TapeLegends, Oct 25, 2020.

?

do yall use swords or axes in pvp

1. swords

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. axes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. battle sticks

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. TapeLegends

TapeLegends New Member

Axes deal more damage per hit and can disable shields, however most pvp enchants could only go on swords like fire aspect and sweeping edge, which one do you you most often when fighting mobs or other players?

2. TeimourA

TeimourA New Member

I personally find it easier to use swords because of my unfamiliarity with Minecraft 1.9+ pvp. I usually have an axe in my hotbar in case I need to disable a shield, but I rarely use axes unless it's for a first crit in a pvp battle.

3. Spooks

Spooks New Member

battle sticks no cap

4. BariSaxMatt

BariSaxMatt Member

I use swords due to the rather large amount of sword rares on this server. They're primarily the pvp meta on here (just look at the magma saber; kinda opaf, and will do more damage faster than a netherite axe ever will), but in normal, vanilla MC I prefer to use axes along with a shield. I'm semi-decent at 1.9+ PvP, and axes are an easy way to dispatch singular mobs/players at a time. However, if, say, there's a horde of zombies, skeletons, and creepers heading my way, I'd swap to my sword due to the sweep attack function.

Despite the lower attack rate of the axe, I still use them because a wooden axe has the same base damage as an unenchanted netherite sword. Combine that with a critical, and you can see why people primarily use axes in 1.9+ pvp.

But that's just my preferences. 1.8.9 pvp is wack imo, due to comboing and potions and stuff.

• Like Like x 1