The Future of Red World

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by applebranch, Jul 19, 2021.

1. applebranch

applebranch Owner Staff Member Owner

The Future of Red World

Hi Applecraft,

I have been communicating with Mojang for the past few months regarding Applecraft being unblacklisted. The original EULA released in 2014 was quite strict in what can and cannot be sold by server owners, and as such Applecraft was blacklisted in November 2017. However, a new version of the EULA was released in April 2020 which provides greater flexibility for non-competitive (casual) servers like Applecraft.

As you know, Applecraft aims to be a friendly, casual place to play Minecraft with your friends. The majority of our focus across all survival worlds is PVE gameplay, which is why we have Keep Inventory enabled and don't permit raiding or griefing (even in unclaimed land). The notable exception to this is Red World, where we have allowed PVP, raiding and griefing outside claims.

Going forward Red World's rules will change to bring them in line with the rest of Applecraft. Specifically, this means that Keep Inventory will be enabled and one core ruleset will now apply across all four survival worlds. This will greatly assist new players in navigating the server, and ensure that all players have a positive, fair, friendly, and accessible experience on Applecraft.

I appreciate that Red server has its own unique spirit and gameplay, however I believe this change is required to ensure that Applecraft is classed as a 100% casual (non-competitive) server.

Over the next few weeks I will continue working with Mojang to ensure that Applecraft's web store fits within the guidelines of the new EULA. Any further changes will be signposted in #announcements on Discord - if you're not a member of our Discord now is a good time to join.

- Applebranch​

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. jonesknows03

jonesknows03 New Member

Wonder what red players think about keep-inv and not being able to yoink other people's stuff

3. __Puddle__

__Puddle__ New Member

L server. red is ruined might as well delete it

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Billybootscraff

Billybootscraff New Member

Thank you, apple.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. TeimourA

TeimourA New Member

what the fuck

• Potato Potato x 2
  6. FedoraGoat

FedoraGoat New Member

It'll make me feel safer for sure. Would've helped to have this before the Town Trust Raid but that's just my luck. Red will be different going forward for sure but at least we have our own unique history to look back on. Let this be a new era of peace for Red?

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. dwable

dwable New Member

you are banned and may of wrote one of the funniest ban appeals ive read

• Like Like x 1
  8. jonesknows03

jonesknows03 New Member

ill take that as a compliment for being funny

9. zzzzing

zzzzing New Member

I personally think it sucks, but I also understand the economic need to do it. If the EULA rules only let non-competitive worlds sell Ranks with worthwhile perqs and other advantageous gear, then there is no other real option. The server needs to have an income flow from the players via the Server Store to pay its way. 75% of the player on the server play on Purple and Blue (and now Green). It sounds like changing Red is the only way to ensure things stay the same for the majority of players without reworking donor ranks (effectively taking away the bulk of what people have paid for) and eliminating many of the special armor. tools and weapons that were purchased.

I'm still sorry to see the changes and will probably look around for another edgier server to play on as well. I really liked having the option to play laid back Blue or Purple or more challenging Red with the same groups of players. Shame AC couldn't move Red to a sister server that was more cutthroat and had its own store that met the EULA guidelines for competitive servers. Bet lots of players would've supported both.

Another regret is that there didn't seem to be much effort on Admin's part to involve or poll players on other solutions to the EULA problem than watering down Red. I suppose if I was more active on the Forums, there was plenty of verbiage about it, but none leaked into global chat or got any in depth of play in Announcements.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. FedoraGoat

FedoraGoat New Member

You're not leaving Red are you? x.x

11. jonesknows03

jonesknows03 New Member

it seems that he will stay in Red for a bit until he finds another server similar to this, " Shame AC couldn't move Red to a sister server " and " I'm still sorry to see the changes and will probably look around for another edgier server to play on as well. "
    So yes he will leave red server

12. Shadowsych

Shadowsych New Member

man i didn't get Titan just for red to end up like this. this is not what i got my donor rank for!

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
  13. Grandpa_jestyr

Grandpa_jestyr Member

Sadly, I played Red BECAUSE it had an element of chance to it... you COULD lose all your shiny toys if you weren't careful.... I was Wilderness before Red... I didn't kill people... but enjoyed there being an element of risk in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  14. dwable

dwable New Member

They're trying their best.

• Like Like x 1
  15. iScottien

iScottien New Member

Chargeback

16. iScottien

iScottien New Member

Good opportunity to just delete red and start again with a fresh server on 1.17. Red is going to die anyway as anyone that played there is completely bemused by this rule change.

17. OlleNallen

OlleNallen Member

red is poo

• Like Like x 1
  18. Elduff

Elduff Member

Some of these comments remind me of when the wilderness server was shut down.

19. Grandpa_jestyr

Grandpa_jestyr Member

Apple is closed for maintenance ... fix red?

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Marwan

Marwan Member

Just for red? Who said it was just for red? Donor ranks follow you on every server of AppleCraft, even hub.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Like Like x 1