This Is Strange

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marwan, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Marwan

Marwan Member

Something which I still couldn't understand to this day, how is it that there are barely any players active aside from the well-knowns who have ranks and chat in the chat all the time, yet everyday like ~2-4 ban appeals pop up from barely unrecognizable people? It seems unconvincing to me, considering that whenever I get on, I only see 10 players on the tab.

2. Marwan

Marwan Member

And the fact that most of the bans are for xraying, like come on, does every player think this is their singleplayer world? Does no one have the patience to find diamonds in Minecraft? A simple video game? How about you go mining in real life, get so dirty, find a couple of spiders crawling next to your eyes, along with so many cuts, bruises, broken bones, headaches and nearly falling over, very exhausted, only to find nothing?

3. TheAncapGent

TheAncapGent Active Member

Are you on 24hrs a day? Doubt it.
    Timezones dictate when people are on. At any given time I've chosen to log on there's 50+ players online. And yes, there are actually fools who think they can get away with X-ray, and lots of them.

And what do you mean by it not being convincing? You don't actually think there's people sitting around making false ban appeals, just to make it seem the server is more active, do you?

4. Marwan

Marwan Member

I know that the appealers are real people, what I mean by unconvincing is that there's no interaction in chat aside from the same well-known players who I've already memorized their names. And the appealers, I've never seen them say a single word in chat, nor have I noticed their names on tab.

5. TheAncapGent

What is your point then? It seems unclear what you want to say with this post.
    There's a lot of players who doesn't engage in the chat or keep it strictly private. It's not uncommon at all. And just because you don't see the appealers in tap, doesn't mean they're not online, they might just be in another world than the one you're playing in. And if not, they probably just play from another timezone. What's "unconvincing" about that?

6. Sarchasm

Sarchasm Ancient Being Unbound from Time and Space Staff Member Moderator

Hi there,

I'm not understanding your confusion. On any given day, hundreds of new people will join the server for the first time. Some of those new players will start xraying before engaging in the chat, or they will engage with chat minimally. Those players are then banned, and some of them chose to appeal. The number of ban appeals you see on the forums represents a remarkably small percentage of the players who are banned each day.

Most new players join, play for a short period of time, and then leave. Some of them will come back the next day, others won't. Some engage in chat...others don't.

I'm not sure what sort of conspiracy you believe you have stumbled upon here, but it's really very straight forward.

Thanks,
    Sarchasm

• Like Like x 2
  7. Marwan

Marwan Member

Well then there has to be a problem. It's clear that most of them did not even read the rules, and for every problem we must seek its solution.

8. CamCam999

CamCam999 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Um... I don't really see a problem here. But maybe I'm just blind.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheAncapGent

Rule reading cannot be forced, and sometimes common sense should be enough. There is no problem, there is rule breakers who get banned, nothing more nothing less.

10. SparkleUwU

SparkleUwU New Member

Agreeed, all you need is some common sense :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sarchasm

Sarchasm Ancient Being Unbound from Time and Space Staff Member Moderator

We've got one, thanks. When people do not follow the rules of the server, they are asked to leave the server. Works out quite well.

• Like Like x 3
  12. togormantv

togormantv New Member

Well i just got banned with a false claim of xraying when i was just strip mining so maybe like me some of these bans were false. Whats the point of following rules is you can be randomly banned for a false reason.

13. TheAncapGent

I doubt that. They always fly around where you're mining, keeping track of your mining. And they always to my knowledge ask for a second opinion.

14. togormantv

togormantv New Member

Nope they replied to my appeal with a few screen shots of my mining showing 4 time i found diamonds by mining and without a chance for me to reply they up held the ban.

Thus i will be leaving server for good and not returning after 7 days as this could happen again at anytime and i would have wasted more time. If this happend to me it could happen to you, so if it does please remember my warning.

I have never used xray on minecraft as it would be a waste of time, no fun at all but how would you prove that your good luck at finding diamonds was not gained through xraying. Think about it what would you say to such an accusation?

15. TheAncapGent

16. togormantv

togormantv New Member

well you are wrong i was not using xray so you prove my point i have no future on this server as my normal mining style will always give false impression. This whole experience has sickened me and i doubt i will play on a server such as this again.

This is a game which should be fun to play but being falsely accused of cheating has made me so angry it has actual made me not want to play in public servers again.

Anyway this forum has wasted enough of my time already and I will leave it to its own ends in the hope that in future others are treated better than me.

17. TheAncapGent

Lots of players just suck it up, doesn't do it again and coems back without further issues after 7 days instead of acting innocent and child-like.

18. togormantv

togormantv New Member

As i am innocent i have left this server forever and will tell any player I meet of the treatment that I received here. You are welcome to insult me more but I will not be here to read it

• Potato Potato x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Marwan

Marwan Member

*peeks in unlogged mode to see if anyone said anything*

• Funny Funny x 1