Unfair Jail

Discussion in 'Issues & Reports' started by Sow_God, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

I was jailed for 4 hours for not giving eliquik a peice of dirt which I had not gotten yet, while killed me in a trade and is allowed to keep a portion of my stuff.

Eliquik wanted to show me something, so I agreed to tp to him, only under the agreement of a trade, so that I would not be tp killed. We agreed to trade a stick for a peice of dirt. He showed me the thing he wanted to show me, and presumably gave me the stick. I tped away to go get the peice of dirt, but then got distracted by chat for a couple minutes and did not yet give eliquik, his peice of dirt to complete the trade, meaning that the trade was still on going. He then said in chat a joke about me "raiding" him, which reminded me of the trade. I then tped to gis base (thinking that I had the peice of dirt in my inventory) to give to him. When I tped there, to my suprise it had nothing to do with a trade. He proceded to kill me. I complained to Spooner, who then decided at first that I scammed eliquik and jailed me. After looking at the logs, he realized that eliquik was actually guilty and jailed him along with me. But, I am still somehow in jail for not being able to provide the peice of dirt that I was supposed to, becuase I was killed.

Logs can be provided if necessary

• Potato Potato x 2
  2. Eli Connell

Eli Connell New Member

Ok, so me and sow_god agreed upon a trade for a stick for a piece of dirt so i could show him something at my base without the fear of him being killed. I gave him the stick (my end of the trade) and he never returned the dirt in favor. I proceeded to show him the thing I wanted to show him and sow said he had set a home at my base. After sow had left my base he had still not given me the dirt, i didnt think much of it because it was only a trade to make it so sow wouldnt be killed. After that i proceeded to say that I trusted sow jokingly then i logged out for about a minute. when i logged out i thought the trade was OVER at that point because it wasnt a serious trade and i didnt expect to receive the dirt. When i logged back in he came back to my base trying to "raid" me after i lied saying that i trusted him. after I saw that he came back to my base i proceeded to kill him because the trade WAS OVER. He claims that he came back to give me the peice of dirt, but he did not have the dirt in his inventory and never told me about giving the piece of dirt to hold up his end of the deal. He obviously came back to my base to "raid" me and never had the dirt, therefore i believe that my Jail time and offense should be diminished from my records

• Potato Potato x 2
  3. Sow_God

Sow_God Member

For one, if u never expected to receive the dirt, why am I jailed for 4 hours for not being able to give it?
    Also, I dont want any more rares or db on the server, I have enough. I only come on to talk with people and have some fun. I don't vote here anymore, and even give stuff away. There is no reason for me to raid you. I said I sethome (in context of raiding you) as a joke, I really set home once I realized I did not have the dirt, so I could go get it and return. As for the trade being over, how is it over if it was never finished? You logged out purposly for a second, which has absolutly no relevance in whether the trade was over not, so I dont know why you even brought it up

• Potato Potato x 2
  4. Spooner684

Spooner684 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I will respond to you both, since you have both posted your respective sides of the story here.

After a somewhat lengthy time considering this issue I have decided to expunge this jail sentence from both of your records.

While the jail times that were meted out to both of you were within the guidelines for the X number of trade scam offenses that you had incurred, I was following the “letter of the law” and neglected the “spirit”. Considering what was at stake, a piece of dirt and a stick, the jail was rather excessive.

But, with that being said, you should be careful what you wish for. While I said above that I consider this excessive over a stick and a piece of dirt, I was drawn into this by the two of you, who began accusing each other of misdeeds and malfeasance. You collectively stirred up quite the ruckus in global chat, demanding that I take action. So….. I took action. After a careful and thorough examination of the logs and events that led to this calamity I found you both to be in the wrong. You both, in one way or another, failed to uphold your parts to the trade, most of which you have both covered in your posts above, so I won’t go into further detail.

The important thing to take from this in my opinion, and it’s only my opinion, is that if you are going to conduct a trade for the sole intent of showing something off, don’t ask a moderator to intervene when things go awry unless you are willing to deal with the consequences of your own actions. Next time work it out, after all, it’s just a stick and a piece of dirt. Not really that big of a deal.

Thank you for your patience and please continue to enjoy Applecraft.

~Spooner684

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. Captain_Goodra

Captain_Goodra New Member

smh, trading a dirt for a stick and ended up both in jail. not worth it bro