Vanilla vs Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slane, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Slane

Slane New Member

Is there a list of differences between Vanilla Minecraft and the servers listed anywhere? I keep coming across unexpected differences. For example, keeping items upon death, mob from spawners not attacking, etc.

2. Sarchasm

Sarchasm Ancient Being Unbound from Time and Space Staff Member Moderator

Hi there,

It's a pretty big list.

https://applecraft.orgcommunity/wiki/index/

That's a good place to start, looking through the rules and the player guide should give you an idea of the differences you might encounter.

Thanks,
    Sarchasm

3. Marwan

Marwan Member

4. Slane

Slane New Member

I've read those already. Most of everything there are rules and limits under player control like not putting x number of hoppers in a chunk. I'm looking for things changed on server side that are not listed there or things not completely defined like paid rank commands. I did buy a rank and had to go in game to find out /wb is the crafting table and /ec is the enderchest.

The listed differences in the wiki seem to be:
    Spawn cap on mobs 13-15 per chunk
    the basic command list

5. Marwan

Marwan Member

Yeah, so you want to know what's not present in vanilla that is present in this server.
    -Rares! On the beginning of each month, a new crate falls from the sky, with exclusive loot in it! Only voters will get a chance to win a one-use key to get one rare from it. Very similar to McDonald's monthly toys, you buy a happy meal, you get one random toy from the collection. Some would buy the happy meals only to get the toys, and giving the happy meals to the homeless. Rares can be tools, weapons or armory which can do custom things, or which have a higher level than vanilla enchants (Protection V, Efficiency VI & so on), cosmetics like hats, fly/claimblock tokens, so on.
    -Claim blocks! Time to own the world! Become the king you've always dreamed to be, and make your own kingdom! With just a golden spoon, and your limit of claim blocks, (which can be obtained through playtime, 1st of month vote rewards, claim tokens or donating to the server)
    -Ranks! When you buy Titan, you get to set custom rules for your claim. Including no entry, no mob spawning, custom entry message and so on. Custom armor stands, usually the ones you see in some shops which have a mannequin waving its hands or raising a flower. You get to own a larger shop plot, with extended time from 21 days to 30 days.
    -Trading and shop plots. You can sell anything in your shop plot, for the price of iron, netherite, diamond, emerald, gold nuggets/ingots/blocks. Some people suggested that diamond shards would be an option, but hey, these don't exist in vanilla Minecraft yet. This server is not modded!
    -Events. Who doesn't like these? Challenging, exciting, rewarding. If you have nothing to aim for in here, then let these be your first aim.
    -Mob Spawners with any mob of your choice. If you have won a cow egg from voting, you can right click the spawner with the egg and it will be a cow spawner. You can win spawners from voting if you're Immortal and above. You can't silk mine them, you need a spawner pickaxe for that.
    -Four servers in order: Blue, Red, Purple and Green. All have the same rules. Green is the newest 1.17 server.
    -The overworld never resets, but the nether and the end do. It is 140K times 140K blocks big. Not all chunks have been explored either, most players just go straight in a line. That doesn't make all chunks explored.
    That's all I can get off the top of my head, but if you want to explore more features, check out shop.applecraft.org!

6. Sarchasm

Sarchasm Ancient Being Unbound from Time and Space Staff Member Moderator

https://shop.applecraft.org/category/753630

That will give you an overview of the rank perks and commands.

The wiki touches on a lot of the plugins we use that are non-vanilla. For example: We have shop rules, as we have a shop plugin. We have rules and commands for claims because we have a claims plugin.

I'd also recommend joining our Discord if you haven't already and looking through the changelog/announcements. Also just walking around /spawn on any of the servers will give you a lot of info.