X-ray Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Splegoon4, Oct 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splegoon4

Splegoon4 New Member

Reason for ban: x-ray (second offense)
    Banned by: smbailey

So apparently I was just mining, using a technique where I go to a certain y-level and start mining big squares of rock to make finding gold and diamonds easier. I can understand why it may have looked like I was x-raying, because I would sometimes strip-mine to different locations on the x-axis in order to get different resource variety so that I wouldn't just me mining in the same place.

I will say that I was x-raying on my first ban, but this time I wasn't doing that. I had lots of fun on the server, but if I can't get this ban appeal approved, then whatever. At least there are other servers I can go on.

• Potato Potato x 3
  2. smbailey

smbailey Member

Hello Splegoon4,

Thank you for taking the time to appeal, below I will go over my evidence for your ban.

[​IMG]

This image shows area in which I was watching your mining. The red circles show diamond veins that you mined, the blue areas show the "big squares of rock" to which you are referring, and the green arrows shows your approximate path starting from a vertical shaft dug down at the bottom of the image.

The first thing I would note is that you claim to make these squares at a certain y-level and simply change your x value to get to other areas, however I have noted the y-level of each square on the picture and they are not uniform, yet amazingly every single square you mined out contained a diamond vein accessible from the y-level you chose to mine at.

You started out coming down the vertical shaft and turned right when you reached y-10, immediately into a vein of diamonds (vein #1). You then made a large square and after digging in the bottom-right corner to get some gold and redstone ores (which were hidden behind stone), you decided to mine out an area of coal ore at the top of the box and unearthed some diamonds under the coal (vein #2). You then proceeded to mine a smaller square in the area of vein #3 before deciding y-10 isn't the place to be and dropping down 4 y-levels to y-6.

At y-6 you mined the area under your y-10 square and decided to mine an extra 6x6 area in the corner where vein #4 sat. From there you made a very large square that ran by vein #5, which you came back for after. You cannot see vein #5 in the picture, so I have included a video of when you mined it:

As you can see, it was fully behind stone but you just happened to mine in that spot as you were going by. After picking that up, you headed up to the area around vein #6, then moved up to y-8 to mine around vein #7.

Vein #8 is the real kicker though. You left the area of vein #7 towards the top of the image and made a small square at y-8, then you looked down through the ground and paused for a long time as if contemplating whether to risk going for the diamonds below you. You paced back and forth and ran circles around the area before deciding to go for it and mining down another square at y-5 to get that last patch of diamonds.

From the evidence above, it seems clear to me that you were indeed using some form of x-ray, and as such your ban will not be lifted. I hope you can learn to play without cheats on whatever server you choose to join in the future, and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Thank you,
    smbailey

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Splegoon4

Splegoon4 New Member

Well I guess you busted me, ggs. And to be specific, it was a resource pack, not a hacked client.

Is it possible that I can get my ban lifted in a year?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. smbailey

smbailey Member

You are welcome to apply again in the future, however I will say it is very unlikely this ban will be lifted. You have already been given a second chance after the first time you were caught x-raying and yet chose to do it again, and rather than being honest and apologetic you chose to try to lie your way out of this ban. Neither of these is a good indicator that you would play by the rules in the future if we chose to allow you back.

• Potato Potato x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Splegoon4

Splegoon4 New Member

Well I hope players can enjoy all the goodies in my base. I didn’t have a lot of netherite though. But I do have a lot of mending books. Or someone could make the place their own home idk.

I kind of question the offensiveness of using x-ray though, other than it hurting the server economy only a little bit. It’s not like duping, which is arguably much worse in my opinion. Maybe I just feel this way because I’ve played on a lot of other servers that allow x-ray.

Honestly you could just tax players every time you see them x-raying. What I mean is that you could require them to give some of their diamonds, or whatever they were mining, back to you/the server as compensation for x-raying.

And it’s not like I’m directly affecting the server in any way, so I really don’t see what’s so offensive about it rather than cheating.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Pokémon Master

It's the cheating we ban for

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Splegoon4

Splegoon4 New Member

But it’s a really inoffensive kind of cheating though. I’m not even hurting the well being of the server by x-rating. It only affects me, not other players. At least it’s still time consuming when mining x-ray or not, so I’m still putting effort and will into getting the materials. It’s not like duping where I can just glitch in an infinite amount of items with little to no effort. I’m still restricted to the amount of materials in the world. So it may be cheating, but it’s not affecting others, so why should I get banned for x-raying? If anything, it’s a fantastic way to get materials fast and efficiently rather than walking aimlessly in a cave. I mean I may x-ray less when 1.17 comes out, since there will actually be variety and new meaning for going into caves.

By the way, could I have the coords to my base

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Potato Potato x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Sarchasm

Sarchasm Ancient Being Unbound from Time and Space Staff Member Moderator

You're gathering a finite resource via exploitative means. This results in there being fewer of those resources available for other players who ARE looking for them legitimately. Those resources then have to be removed from the economy entirely. It shouldn't be hard to understand how that would impact other players.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Splegoon4

Splegoon4 New Member

There are many chunks in a Minecraft world, a Minecraft world that is 30 million blocks in each direction, with 60 million blocks in the diagonal directions. Diamonds, as well as every other resource, may as well be considered infinite, since it would not be realistically possible for a human, x-ray or not, to mine all of those materials. It would realistically take many decades, possibly centuries, to mine all of that material. Finite practically has no meaning when there are hundreds of billions of chunks with at least a few veins of rare ores in them. Besides, not x-rating just delays the inevitable of someone not being able to find ores in a certain area

• Potato Potato x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. CD_Marauder

CD_Marauder Pokémon Master

Xray removes the effort required in finding diamonds compared to strip mining or other legitimate strategies. Considering our economy's main currency is diamonds, xraying certainly affects the economy because someone who xrays can get diamonds far faster than someone who gets them legitimately. Besides, regardless of whatever justification for xray you have, the bottom line is we do not allow it. You broke the rules, and you were punished.

• Like Like x 1
  11. smbailey

smbailey Member

@Splegoon4 This has gone beyond the scope of a ban appeal. If you would like to discuss the x-ray rules further, feel free to create a thread in General Discussion. I will be closing this thread to further replies.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.